Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it looks like the starting 11 for Saturday is as follows....

ahall

Oct 29, 2012
would love a 442

stocky
calde dunk hughes chicksen
buckley crofts toko march
o'grady CMS

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale

Bruno~Greer~Hughes~Calderon

Crofts~Ince~Caskey

Buckley~O'Grady~Mackail-Smith​

Subs: Walton, Dunk, Chicksen, March, Lualua, Toko, Fenelon.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Stockdale

Bruno~Greer~Dunk~Calderon

Toko~Ince~Agustien

Buckley~O'Grady~Mackail-Smith​

Subs: Walton, Hughes, Chicksen, March, Lualua, Crofts, Fenelon.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Stockdale
Bruno
Greer
Hughes
Chicky
Toko
Ince
Crofts
KLL
CMS
Toxteth O'Grady

Basically the AXIS OF EVIL of Toko & Ince in midfield will allow the full backs to press on, and also Crofts to MARAUD at will, creating space for the front three.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
How does our squad look compared to Sheffield Wednesday?

Brighton

Stockdale
Ankergren
Walton
Bruno
Greer
Hughes
Dunk
Calderon
Chicksen
Maksimenko
Rea
Stephens
Crofts
Agustein
Forster Caskey
Lua Lua
March
Ince
Asmundsson
Toko
O Grady
Mackail Smith
Buckley
Goodwin

Sheffield Wednesday

Kirkland
Dawson
Westwood
Buxton
Zayatte
Semedo
Mattock
Palmer
Floro
Loovens
Onyewu
Hutchinson
Fenwick
Lees
Hinchcliffe
Antonio
Maghoma
Coke
McCabe
Helan
Lee
Corry
Stobbs
Obileye
McElroy
Croasdale
Madine
Maguire
Lavery
Nuhiu
Betra
Lambin
Dieseruvwe

All taken from the BBC website.

In fairness I think Saturdays game will be a tough one, i hope for 3 points but its going to be close.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On the basis that it is better to get a fast start than to be chasing the game......
?
Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Chicksen
Toko
March Agustein Crofts
Lua Lua or Buckley
O'Grady

Subs》 Ankergren Calderon Hughes Forster-Caskey Ince CMS Fenelon

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not sure about the negativity around Chicksen. When he's played he's never done that badly and seemed capable each time. I'd be happy with him in there for the time being, at least until Ward/another LB is signed. I'd be happier with a left footed LB than having Calde there (i love the bloke, but he's not a left back).

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
So only two recognised strikers with League experience, one a well travelled journeyman and the other who hasn't particularly impressed in pre season and coming back from a serious injury with barely any first team action in a year! That doesn't inspire me to predict a victory and as seems to have been the case for at least the last 3 seasons we are short of options up front yet again.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm hoping Sami is a bit more ambitious with his selection compared to people picking Ince, Crofts and Toko. That's pretty much Oscar's wet dream with 7 at the back, no creativity, nobody to burst from the midfield with the ball.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm hoping Sami is a bit more ambitious with his selection compared to people picking Ince, Crofts and Toko. That's pretty much Oscar's wet dream with 7 at the back, no creativity, nobody to burst from the midfield with the ball.

Have a look at our player profiles on the official site. It's embarrassingly thin. We have 21 professionals. Three players have played less than 5 games for Bha. Three keepers. One current player(Stephens)out injured. Not one of our players from last season hit double figure goal tally.
Worried? Yes i am.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Have a look at our player profiles on the official site. It's embarrassingly thin. We have 21 professionals. Three players have played less than 5 games for Bha. Three keepers. One current player(Stephens)out injured. Not one of our players from last season hit double figure goals.
Worried? Yes i am.

:( that makes for fairly unpleasant reading. I appreciate that the transfer window is tricky and the club is trying to do its best whilst doing it by the book, but if we have aspirations of promotion this season we can't be affording other teams to steal a march on us. We really need to be competitive from the first game. IMO opinion we still have 3 key areas we desperately need to recruit for.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hughes has played at left back, many times at a higher level than championship...

-----------------------Stockdale----------------------
Bruno---------Greer-------------Dunk-----------Hughes
-------------------------Ince-------------------------
---------Agustein---------------Crofts-----------------
Buckley------------------------------------------Lualua
-------------------------CMS--------------------------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here