Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So I'm Intrigued

Baggie192

May 26, 2014
Our 'local' rival is Pal@rse. The fact that they are so far away (relatively speaking) means that we have a huge catchment area = big current/potential fanbase = good attendances. Looks like PC is staying at RM anyway.

Yep it's looking that way. Three man shortlist by the end of the week. As you say that IS some potential with an area that big. All our rivals are between 3 and 8 miles away:D

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yep it's looking that way. Three man shortlist by the end of the week. As you say that IS some potential with an area that big. All our rivals are between 3 and 8 miles away:D

You must be pleased to see Wolves bouncing back so quickly from league 1 - boing, boing!:wink:

Baggie192

May 26, 2014
You must be pleased to see Wolves bouncing back so quickly from league 1 - boing, boing!:wink:

I'm counting on you lot giving them a double drubbing and reminding them that they sold their seats for "A pie and a pint":laugh::laugh:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm counting on you lot giving them a double drubbing and reminding them that they sold their seats for "A pie and a pint":laugh::laugh:

LoL! Well, we confirmed their relegation last time we played them, so here's hoping.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
LoL! Well, we confirmed their relegation last time we played them, so here's hoping.

Unless we employee the right manager this summer and unless we get the considerable (8+) player recruitment activity mostly right we could find roles reversed next May......
We virtually need to build a new back 5 from scratch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unless we employee the right manager this summer and unless we get the considerable (8+) player recruitment activity mostly right we could find roles reversed next May......
We virtually need to build a new back 5 from scratch.

Be as worried as you like but do you really think we are likely to employ someone who will be as out of their depth as Dean Saunders was?? Can't see it myself....

We have a back 5 who could possibly hold their own as a mid table team imo and we will be adding to it so I'm holding off getting any more than a bit impatient at the moment

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just goes to show they can never beat Albion:D (Seriously 1 win against us in 14 years!)

Who is worse, in your book? Wolves, or Villa?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Be as worried as you like but do you really think we are likely to employ someone who will be as out of their depth as Dean Saunders was?? Can't see it myself....

We have a back 5 who could possibly hold their own as a mid table team imo and we will be adding to it so I'm holding off getting any more than a bit impatient at the moment

Agreed. Too much panic by some on here at this relatively early stage. That said I'd like to see the new gaffer in place by end of week.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
David Burke will still be doing the same job as he has been doing for 3+ years now.

We've lost two promising young managers during that time, both of whom obviously had issues with problems over signing players.... I'm not necessarily saying Burke is doing a bad job - or that he is responsible for the ructions with Poyet or OG's decision to leave - but there's always going to be differences of opinion over transfers between managers and 'directors of football'. Whoever's appointed, I hope it's made clear exactly what the relationship is and who has the final say.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Final say is the managers. Subject, of course, to the budget set by Tony et al.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
We've lost two promising young managers during that time, both of whom obviously had issues with problems over signing players.... I'm not necessarily saying Burke is doing a bad job - or that he is responsible for the ructions with Poyet or OG's decision to leave - but there's always going to be differences of opinion over transfers between managers and 'directors of football'. Whoever's appointed, I hope it's made clear exactly what the relationship is and who has the final say.

I don't have any problem with the way it's working at the mo.. i think we've probably seen two extremes of managers though. So yes, the newbie really does need to understand how this is going to work!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't have any problem with the way it's working at the mo.. i think we've probably seen two extremes of managers though.

Though it's interesting isn't it - on the surface, you couldn't get two more different managers than Poyet and Garcia. One extremely excitable, opinionated loud-mouth and one contemplative, reserved and apparently uncommunicative. Two very different personalities, though both obviously had big egos. And both were ultimately unable to work with the club.

Which way will Mr Bloom jump this time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here