Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, if we can, who will vote for Gary Hart?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I am a big Gary Hart fan, but i wouldn't vote for him. how can a player, whatever they have achieved, be considered "player of the season" when they've only played a handful of games?

Is the correct answer. 4 weeks ago (ie nine tenths of the way through the season) nearly all of us were agreeing that through no fault of his own, his contribution had been virtually non-existent. MASSIVE credit to him for what he's done in the last few games, but no way should he be player of the season based on a handful of appearances. I tend to agree with others that people should be given the choice though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm sticking with Andrew Whing who, when it has been most needed, has possibly shamed the rest of the team into getting stuck in and playing like they care.

Right again Mr Hark.

Poppett

Apr 23, 2009
Sod it

I've voted for Gary Hart anyway he has been the catylyst to a potential recovery and like Psycho Slade Deserves a new contract:yahoo:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
OGH Has been outstanding since he came back no doubt about it but he has only played 6 games and tbh i dont think that warrants player of the season
Whing OR Forster mainly due to consistent performances i wouldnt say they particularly stand out with performances but they are the only consistently good players we have had this season
THEN AGAIN.... Had he not returned we might already by relegated its a toughy

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What if we still end up being relegated?

*ducks for cover*

How could you justify Hart being PotY then?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I would, without doubt vote for Gary Hart if i could. I don't care if other players have played more, what Gary has done has been remarkable...

I think Harts impact has been as great as Slades. Not only has he been instrumental on nearly all our goals since he's returned, he also seems to have completely lifted the team.

When he came on against Swindon, it was evident how much more he wanted it than the others. Fighting for everything, and at the same time, his team mates seem to do the same...

Now I am very happy to see Whing win player of the season but Gary should atleast be 3rd to Whing and Forster. The fact that we cannot even vote for him is a bit of a farce in my opinion.

As it happens, I will vote Cox who although hasn't had a good season, has worked his socks off all year. This is only an attempt to get him 3rd, seeing as I am sure Whing and Forster (rightfully so) will get 1st and 2nd.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I would, without doubt vote for Gary Hart if i could. I don't care if other players have played more, what Gary has done has been remarkable...

I think Harts impact has been as great as Slades. Not only has he been instrumental on nearly all our goals since he's returned, he also seems to have completely lifted the team.

When he came on against Swindon, it was evident how much more he wanted it than the others. Fighting for everything, and at the same time, his team mates seem to do the same...

Now I am very happy to see Whing win player of the season but Gary should atleast be 3rd to Whing and Forster. The fact that we cannot even vote for him is a bit of a farce in my opinion.

As it happens, I will vote Cox who although hasn't had a good season, has worked his socks off all year. This is only an attempt to get him 3rd, seeing as I am sure Whing and Forster (rightfully so) will get 1st and 2nd.

Nice essay Big C, i like your writing style. Neat and to the point. Well done.

B

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, but if I was going to vote for Hart (and I won't, on principle), I'd want to know we were safe from relegation first.

A vote for him after only four games suggests he's the man who has singlehandedly turned our season around...and though we've done well in the last four games, give or take, we are not yet saved.

How stupid would it look if we were to throw our hard work away and go down (god forbid), and yet still give OGH the vote?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here