Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So I just got a facebook and twitter

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
İbrahim Tatlıses;3743770 said:
Facebook will come back to haunt so many people, stay away!

Agree with this totally...best avoided!

I can think of an example where someone published a fact on their profile, which they hadn't shared with their family...someone else with a bit of a grudge got hold of it, did the dirty, and now things will never be the same again!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
It's shit, but it's the main way I talk to my friends/family back home.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
İbrahim Tatlıses;3743802 said:
Some people record (or other people record for them) every intricate detail of their private lives on it, I think some of them will live to regret it when they are looking for a new job/get married/have grown up kids etc, not to mention the potential for scammers to access your personal information

Try googling the name of a friend on facebook... notice how so many third party websites record the information, so it can effectively never be deleted

Identity theft, blackmail, stalking, scamming...etc, etc.

I know these things happen anyway, but why do people make it so easy for people who would wish them harm by having everything they need in one place?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
It's shit, but it's the main way I talk to my friends/family back home.

well then, erm, surely it's not shit?

It's the main thing I use it for too and for that I think it is fantastic.

For cheap throwaway banter that you can have with mates who live thousands of miles away it works, and that may not be 'important' or 'vital' but in some ways makes me feel more intouch with people than if I sit down to write a 'proper' email.

The privacy issue is something to worry about though. They could certainly make it a whole lot easier/clearer how to protect what is going out to all and sundry.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
İbrahim Tatlıses;3743802 said:
Some people record (or other people record for them) every intricate detail of their private lives on it, I think some of them will live to regret it when they are looking for a new job/get married/have grown up kids etc, not to mention the potential for scammers to access your personal information

Try googling the name of a friend on facebook... notice how so many third party websites record the information, so it can effectively never be deleted

I deliberately don't have an online presence. If you google my name the only links that appear are the projects I have worked on and been credited for. Facebook is an attention seeker's dream, but what annoys me more is someone asked me to help them develop something similar 10 years ago but I thought it would never take off :wozza:

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Everyone looks at you like your a freak if you say your not on stalkerbook , personally I prefer twitter. Like the randomness of it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here