Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So I guess we are all done in the transfer window then......

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Are other NSCers quietly hoping that OG will parachute in a player or two from Spain?

There doesn't seem to have been as much transfer speculation on here as I imagined when OG was first appointed. I thought NSCers might be posting daily sightings of 'Carlos Kickaball' from Barca B arriving with his agent at The Amex, but curiously it has all been fairly low key.

I do think it was sensible business to sign up Spanish Dave and Upson plus Agustein. Too early to decide about Chicksen, I think he is 'work in progress'. However the squad would look even thinner right now without them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quiet before the storm.

Once the Prem teams have decided on their 25, expect things to hot up a bit.

Barber was questioned at the Supporters club AGM last night and said exactly that. As has already been pointed out, we signed 4 players on the final transfer day last summer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It is unnervingly all quiet on the western front.....

Are we finished in this transfer window....

Nothing of any note in the rumour mill.....

Have we any idea if Oscar is happy with his squad or has targets.....

Its just gone all very quiet.....

Oscar wants 2-4 more I believe. He went public on that. Said 3-5 before KA.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Are other NSCers quietly hoping that OG will parachute in a player or two from Spain?

There doesn't seem to have been as much transfer speculation on here as I imagined when OG was first appointed. I thought NSCers might be posting daily sightings of 'Carlos Kickaball' from Barca B arriving with his agent at The Amex, but curiously it has all been fairly low key.

I do think it was sensible business to sign up Spanish Dave and Upson plus Agustein. Too early to decide about Chicksen, I think he is 'work in progress'. However the squad would look even thinner right now without them.

I must admit I'm very disappointed that Oscar doesn't appear to have called upon any of his obviously fantastic contacts in the Spanish game. I guess there's still time, but the sooner the better (obviously).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Barber was questioned at the Supporters club AGM last night and said exactly that. As has already been pointed out, we signed 4 players on the final transfer day last summer.

Interesting. Did he mention any possibility of getting in Spanish players?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I presume the players brought in so far are largely of David Burke's doing.

So Oscar has yet to make his real mark on the squad. It will be very interesting to see what happens i.e. what sort of quality and value for money players he has access to in Spain.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Think you all know that new players will be arriving soon...isn't better to keep quiet rather than broadcast your interest and have one of the bigger clubs coming in with better offers for the players...?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Look out for a certain David GARCÍA (not a made up name btw) arriving from Girona - played mostly for Espanyol ....natural left footer

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we are paying a transfer fee, it makes sense to get the best deal which usually means at the end of the transfer window when player's agents have had time to offer them to every club they can and know their 'real' value. As has been mentioned previously, no Prem loans until they've all decided their 25. All in all I don't expect any players in till the end of the month although I can't help checking this damn forum almost hourly for news on any new faces! :facepalm:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Watch the Paul Barber interviews on YouTube or link through twitter which were released tonight. He covers a wide range of issues affecting us all but ends video 2 by saying the player budget has been ENHANCED from last year due to cost cutting and increased revenue around club...says will help Oscar compete against clubs on parachute payments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here