Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, how will our players respond to our first defeat?

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Like I said midweek these games before the new year are a write off, players tired and no replacements . We will pick up mid Jan when we get players back and can bolster the squad .

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not sure there was a lot of character out there.

Tiredness, I think. We've had to win every header and kick every ball for 2,200 minutes so far this season, due to an inability to finish teams off and coast.
Enjoy your Christmas, boys, and come back fit and fighting.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm not that hopeful for the next 3 fixtures. However, the January window and players returning to fitness should be a big boost for the first game after the FA cup weekend, which is Rotherham on a Tuesday night - will be a bit of a culture shock for Calleri!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not sure there was a lot of character out there.

That was the most disappointing thing today.

I don't see how anyone could accuse this current group of ever lacking character. They've been bloody brilliant all season. As Hughton pointed out, this was perhaps just one game too far at the end of a very tough spell. It didn't really bother me that we weren't chasing the game like lunatics at 3 down - didn't have a cat in hell's chance of getting back into it. Personally, I'd even have been tempted to take off Kayal or Stephens to avoid the risk of them getting injured... but don't think that would have gone down too well!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We have to bounce back quickly - the defence are looking poor and we need to keep confidence high to turn that around - if we can get a few quick wins in the hard games ahead then happy time - if we have a run of defeats it will get harder to convince players they are the team I this year and not the team of last year! Big few games ahead

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
We weren't great today and were soundly beaten by a solid side. They're no great shakes and proved it by bottling it last season when sitting pretty.

Time for the big boys to lead, am full of optimism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here