Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how many Season ticket holders for next season?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I really don't think it will be the disaster that some on here seem to hope it will be.

Who 'hopes' it will be?...... stop making things up simply to make yourself look big and clever........some people 'think' it will be of course, but nobody wishes Ill on the club for gawds sake.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Who 'hopes' it will be?...... stop making things up simply to make yourself look big and clever........some people 'think' it will be of course, but nobody wishes Ill on the club for gawds sake.

Sorry are you sure about that. How about an England under 21 player who plays for the club. I'm sure every supporter would not 'wish ill on him for gawds sake'. Same with the st's. It seems to mostly be doom and gloom and yet we have a vibrant, mixed age crowd, who even after some of the slops we have been fed this season are happy with 'the experience'. I am far from certain that this site is representative of the fan base as a whole.

Oh and if you met me there is no way I could be mistaken for either big or clever.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Trouble is that people won't believe it after last Summers shambles, he needs to show serious intent not just come out with the same platitudes

Burke is no longer around choosing players that have decent stats on FM2013 and look brilliant on a two minute YouTube video.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Rubbish
We actually sell more now than previous seasons...This season we have 21500 St holders not 23k like many think.Many games we have between 2k-5k match day sales and it will increase even more next season as many give up ST's.

Of course match by match ticket sales will go up if we have less STHs next season.

Working on your figure of 21500 STH we sold the following number of match day tickets for these recent games...

Derby 1453
Ipswich 1457

I think those are pretty poor figures for match by match ticket sales. Prices are simply too high. Lose STHs and they may only go a few times a season, certainly spending far less than if they had a ST.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I
Well I think in these first 4 seasons at the Amex, myself included, a lot were prepared to make sacrifices to enable them to attend games. They would tolerate the sometimes difficult travel arrangements, tolerate the high prices, tolerate the night game logistics, tolerate the earlier up and down food and beer quality and availability, all to ensure they had a place to call their own at the Amex....... that drive of necessity is not there as much anymore......hence the drop of circa 20%.......sadly the club have missed the boat of goodwill.....now they need to provide entertainment and a quality competitive squad again to get people back.

Overall trend could be a bit worse than a 20% fall.
23,175 was the official number in 2012/13. Using a mid range of 17,500 (out of the estimates in this thread) for 2015/16, that's a quarter giving up their s/t commitment over a short period of time.

As well as the resulting severe absolute drop in committed income, budgeting for match day ticket sales must be a nightmare for the Board to work to.

All the more reason to deal with the costs side this Summer, such as not renewing CMS's lucrative contract, whatever the 'cut' his agent suggests as acceptable to his client. As well as bringing to an end the Albion careers of players now too old and slow (e.g. Greer). Harsh, but the only way to give Hughton a quality Championship squad, with these rapidly declining Albion income figures.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
It all depends on the intent of the board within the first month of the season finishing. Time to act quickly and get the right players in early this year. No waiting around or trying to stiff people on wages, Because if they are remotely good another club will pay up.

I personally think this will be one of the most exciting summers regarding players in the clubs history

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I

these rapidly declining Albion income figures.

Crowds (or tickets sold) will be slightly down this season but "rapidly declining" ?. With home games against the top 4; Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford to come - all of whom will bring probably capacity away crowds then the current average crowd of 25,327 (the third best in the league) will likely tick up and there is likely to only be a fall in average crowds this season in region of 1-1.5K, perhaps less.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crowds (or tickets sold) will be slightly down this season but "rapidly declining" ?. With home games against the top 4; Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford to come - all of whom will bring probably capacity away crowds then the current average crowd of 25,327 (the third best in the league) will likely tick up and there is likely to only be a fall in average crowds this season in region of 1-1.5K, perhaps less.

The "rapidly declining" is referring to s/t numbers and the corresponding effect on club income, over the three years to 2015/16.

NOT the numbers purported by the club to have attended 2014/15 home games. No one could argue that stat is low.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The "rapidly declining" is referring to s/t numbers and the corresponding effect on club income, over the three years to 2015/16.

ST sales were down 6 per cent for 2014/15. And tickets sold /crowd this season will be down by slightly smaller. So a relatively small hit on income but important anyway. They had both though increased nearly 5 fold in 5 years. We as yet don't know what they are for 15/16.

So a trend of Up by double fig percentages every year for 5 years and then a decline of 6 per cent in one year is not "rapidly declining" income, sales, or attendance however way way you look at it. Unless you're projecting into 16/17 and 17/18 when who knows what division/crowds/etc.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
15-15,500 is my guess

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The reduction in season tickets is not just due to the football on the pitch. It is also to do with the fact that many secured a season ticket because they weren't sure if they were able to buy a match by match when the stadium first opened. Subsequent seasons were successful therefore season ticket sales did not fall. However, the season with Oscar being somewhat of a hangover from the previous season and later Sammi last year has meant that less numbers attending and more and more match by match tickets available. So many that secured a season ticket to begin with in order to secure a seat for only some of the games, now no longer have a need to keep the season ticket as match by match tickets are now widely available. As many season ticket holders did not always attend anyway, I doubt that in realistic terms of actual fans in the stadium, that we will see much of a fall next season at all. In fact if the season starts to be successful we may find that real actual attendances of fans inside the stadium could increase on this season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The reduction in season tickets is not just due to the football on the pitch. It is also to do with the fact that many secured a season ticket because they weren't sure if they were able to buy a match by match when the stadium first opened. Subsequent seasons were successful therefore season ticket sales did not fall. However, the season with Oscar being somewhat of a hangover from the previous season and later Sammi last year has meant that less numbers attending and more and more match by match tickets available. So many that secured a season ticket to begin with in order to secure a seat for only some of the games, now no longer have a need to keep the season ticket as match by match tickets are now widely available. As many season ticket holders did not always attend anyway, I doubt that in realistic terms of actual fans in the stadium, that we will see much of a fall next season at all. In fact if the season starts to be successful we may find that real actual attendances of fans inside the stadium could increase on this season.

Exacly right

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So 6,000 down in 2 seasons, slightly worrying or still very good numbers?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
90% is excellent with 4 months until the start of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here