Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So How Big Of A Footy Fan Are You?

What type of footy fan are you?

• ALL football. I watch everything.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Albion/other club are my life. Poo to other clubs.

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • There was a game yesterday? Did my team win?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Before I start, I stress that this is not a gauge on how big of a club supporter you are. It's a measure of how much you like football in general.

To me, there are 3 types of fans. There are the:

1. "I love football. I catch every game possible. It's my bread and butter" type of fan.

2. "Albion/other club are my life. Other teams can go hang" type of fan.

3. And the "I support (whoever). But when you say to them, "They played a decent game yesterday," they say, "I didn't see it. Who was playing? Did my team win?" type of fan (typically ManU 'supporters')

What are you?

Last edited:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Out of those options, definately the top one. I'll watch any old crap, whether it's on TV or on at a ground near me - I'll even stop and watch a game going on in a park if I'm passing through. But saying that, I'm not crazy mad about it like some people. I could survice without it, put it that way. (Although it would be hell, of course!) And when stattos get going about how many goals such and such scored in so many appearences back in 1976... ack - they can find someone else to bore!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I only care about the Albion and England. I watch almost everything though and want Man U to win in Champions League final etc.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
I live for Charlton but follow very closely Brighton - Turkey you should do the same for CAFC. watch England and all footy on box , much to distaste of the rest of the people in my house :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
CAFC Matt said:
I live for Charlton but follow very closely Brighton - Turkey you should do the same for CAFC. watch England and all footy on box , much to distaste of the rest of the people in my house :lolol:

Couldn't give a shite about Charlton but I do like them.

When you watch a game involving teams that mean nothing special (say Bradford City v Walsall), do you look out for a result (best team winning)? Or do you watch it on the off-chance that there will be an interesting incident or two? Or do you hope to see some occasional flashes of individual brilliance? Or is it just like wallpaper (pleasing to the eye, but soon forgotten)?

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Lord Bracknell said:
When you watch a game involving teams that mean nothing special (say Bradford City v Walsall), do you look out for a result (best team winning)? Or do you watch it on the off-chance that there will be an interesting incident or two? Or do you hope to see some occasional flashes of individual brilliance? Or is it just like wallpaper (pleasing to the eye, but soon forgotten)?

If you're a true football fan then all of those (maybe excluding wallpaper) are your reasons for watching any game.

If not then poll answers 2 or 3 are what you're looking for.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
The only team that I go and watch is the Albion but I enjoy watching sky sports and Monday night football!!! :clap:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Albion, England, (English) Champions League, Decent Premiership games, FA Cup.

In that order.

Couldn't give a flying f*** about any other footie.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I only really care about the Albion (although I used to watch Bradford City when I was at uni). I don't have Sky and I tend not to watch much footie on TV (apart from the big tournaments that is).

I'm much more of a cricket fan and will happily sit down and watch hours of the game, whoever's playing.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm in the first cateogy, I watch almost all footy whether English, Aussie, Spanish, French, Italian, Scottish, Women's, indoors, local, etc. The only footie I don't watch is crap from Argentina, we get highlights of their league but I find it hard to get excited.

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
i try to catch any game thats on :)

The Albion are the only team in the world I feel passion for(although I do look out for Greenock Morton's results), and in that respect I would only ever go out of my way (do pretty much anything actually) to see them play.

However, I do like to watch Premier League games if they're on. Despite what everyone say, they are often a welcome break from some of the shite we watch week in week out. Same goes for European Cup games involving English sides.

England can piss off unless they're playing in a tournament.

Option 2 for me.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
The top one.If there's football on,I'll watch it.

And if they're good games I can get quite into them(e.g.Man U-Real Madrid last season).

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Option one for me.

Albion come first and always will do, But I love watching the european cup games when English sides are involved. Weather it's Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal I'll watch them and support them as they are English, Same goes as Celtic and Rangers in Europe (British)

Really cant be arsed to watch England unless it's in a tournement because I get really pissed off watching about 30 players coming and going in friendlys.

So is that option one or two ?:eek:

I'm a fan of football in general, and always have been. I'm a bit of a footy encyplopedia cos I'm full of useless random facts :D Of course Brighton and England are the two sides I feel the most strongly about and follow the most closely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here