Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So have the stewards/Barber now given up on making the North Stand sit down?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looked like it was the whole stand standing for the whole game on Saturday, bar the front two or three rows.

Good if that is to be the case always.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Next 4 they will make us sit down, then Palace will be all standing. Charlton probably sit down the others sit down except Wolves but that wil depend on whether we have anything to play for.

Funny thing is on saturday because it was oversold there were people standing in the ailses that were on the most part ignored and at other times told to move into a row so they stood directly behind somebody else in that row.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
My opinion - given that the standing situation seems OK right now, if we just take things easy, keep everything low profile and don't draw attention to it on here/in the media things will continue as they are, if it blows up into a big discussion/controversy here/elsewhere (when there is no need for there to be one since everything is OK) then it's more likely to become an issue for the club again....

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Next 4 they will make us sit down, then Palace will be all standing. Charlton probably sit down the others sit down except Wolves but that wil depend on whether we have anything to play for.

Funny thing is on saturday because it was oversold there were people standing in the ailses that were on the most part ignored and at other times told to move into a row so they stood directly behind somebody else in that row.

Where I normally stand there are sometimes a few extra people than seats but on Saturday there had to be about 20 people to 10 seats.. Not complaining as it made more a better atmosphere :albion:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Funny how the front few rows carried on sitting but everyone else had to stand up to see the game over the few selfish people that insist on standing.

Dewe-Road-Gull

Jul 11, 2012
Was standing in the third row from the back in the north stand (moved from EU) directly next to the 500 extra seats, didn't hear a peep from the newbies in the corner, most entertaining thing that came from there was the two blokes getting thrown out - hope it'll be livelier when my bunch move there permanently next season - Enjoyed the continuous Adam El-Abd song second half!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Now you mention it I remember someone a couple of rows in front of us in N1D found someone in his seat, or at least I think that's what was going on? Poor chap seemed very nervous. Was it oversold or were people simply sitting in the wrong seats?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Now you mention it I remember someone a couple of rows in front of us in N1D found someone in his seat, or at least I think that's what was going on? Poor chap seemed very nervous. Was it oversold or were people simply sitting in the wrong seats?

There were too many fans for seats in places in N1A and it seemed that they were where they should be but there were not enough seats

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
I was in the back row of the family stand and me and the guy next to me were told to sit a couple of times. Absolutely stupid as there was no one behind us and we weren't in front of one of the 1901 windows. Everyone around us thought it was laughable considering there was 4000 arsenal fans standing. Plus it was so hard sitting, I was constantly on the edge of my seat. Thought we were fantastic on Saturday.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I stood up the whole game in the north stand row H loved it and when we celebrated I was jumping around and noticed we just all seemed to swop seats/standing area. Great fun Saturday love the north stand!!

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
The entire away end was standing. Although I think fans should sit, it has to be consistent at both ends.

I spoke to a steward about this who asked me to sit down, basically he explained that whilst at the stadium their main responsibility is the home fans, and the FA regulations that are in place, means that they have to concentrate on their own fans, any thing wrong that the away fans do is noted and they deal with appropriate action when they can, this includes standing and is included in the report by the safety officer at the end and then it's up to the FA tot ale appropriate action against the away club!!

What a load of shite! I wonder how much action the FA take??

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I spoke to a steward about this who asked me to sit down, basically he explained that whilst at the stadium their main responsibility is the home fans, and the FA regulations that are in place, means that they have to concentrate on their own fans, any thing wrong that the away fans do is noted and they deal with appropriate action when they can, this includes standing and is included in the report by the safety officer at the end and then it's up to the FA tot ale appropriate action against the away club!!

What a load of shite! I wonder how much action the FA take??

If they started ejecting away fans others would sit down, but I doubt they would want angry Arsenal fans rampaging around the outside of the stadium and in Falmer village.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
If they started ejecting away fans others would sit down, but I doubt they would want angry Arsenal fans rampaging around the outside of the stadium and in Falmer village.

Yeah it's a hard one to call I guess, although the police should take over once the ejections happened, stop the away fans from hanging around outside!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
That will simply never happen. 90% of away fans stand all the time. When we first played at the KC they tried to chuck a few out for standing but our fans, yes Brighton, started fighting with the stewards and 4 or 5 members of Humberside police who then quickly removed themselves from the situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here