so far this season i worked out some of my spending

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
programmes are a waste of time - never buy them anymore, and your pricing is exactly why!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agree with Scotty - programmes (no matter how well produced) are just dull.

I used to like a good fanzine to read at half time. No such luck these days, but I've STILL got all my old Gulls Eyes. They were a brilliant read in the "dark days".

Jimmy Grimble

i just worked out i have spent £68.50 on programmes alone :ohmy:

Home Games: 12 games
Away Games: 13 games

How many tickets could have £68.50 bought you:thumbsup::jester:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The home programme is ok - overpriced though.

Away programmes are pointless however - who reads 20-odd pages on the opponents? £3 for 4 pages on the Albion, telling you stuff you already know? Waste

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
worth it if you collect them, but like you say pointless if you just want a good read, because you wont anything at all interesting in them.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Agree with Scotty - programmes (no matter how well produced) are just dull.

I used to like a good fanzine to read at half time. No such luck these days, but I've STILL got all my old Gulls Eyes. They were a brilliant read in the "dark days".

always preferred fanzines to programmes - the humour, the general slagging off of players, an all for a decent price. although when programmes were £2 they were just about bearable. would love to see one back - sort it out MORRIS

when i worked it out that programmes over an entire season was enough to fuel around four match day tickets, it was a no brainer :jester:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Away programmes are pointless however - who reads 20-odd pages on the opponents? £3 for 4 pages on the Albion, telling you stuff you already know? Waste

no point in buying one when you can read someone elses either in pub/before game perving over cheerleaders/waiting for bacon baguette/at half time :)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I guess I'm just a sucker. I don't buy away programmes unless its my first time at that ground, because maybe one day I'll have one from 92 clubs and that will be worth the money!

As for home programmes, they're overpriced but I can't really resist one. I like reading Wilkins before the match, I like having the opposition squad details so I can look who "that number 5" is, and I like having something to read on the train home. Might not pay much more than £3, but adding up the cost and saying "that's the equivalent of buying 4 match tickets" doesn't really work for me, because £3 is lookse change in your pocket that I would probably end up spending on a pint later.

I really really wish there were still fanzines sold at the ground though. I've got a few old Gull's Eye and some Scars and Stripes ones as well as the One F in Falmer one off special). They're so much better than the official programme with loads of articles and no adverts or crap sponser listings. Why don't they exist anymore? Do they cost too much to print or is it just the effort of actually making one regularly?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I really really wish there were still fanzines sold at the ground though. I've got a few old Gull's Eye and some Scars and Stripes ones as well as the One F in Falmer one off special). They're so much better than the official programme with loads of articles and no adverts or crap sponser listings. Why don't they exist anymore? Do they cost too much to print or is it just the effort of actually making one regularly?

Now that most people have the internet, by the time the fanzine has been compiled, printed and sold, all the contents have been on the net for weeks.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Over the christmas period in 2005 it dawned on me what a waste of money buying programmes are. As them 4 games in a matter of about 10 days would have cost me £12 in programmes alone.

I had a massive sort out and have kept about 20 that i think were important games like all 3 play-off games, spurs and palace away and players debuts like Zamora etc...

Got aload of old ones that i don't want that id like to shift, does anyone have any ideas where best to get rid of them?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Got aload of old ones that i don't want that id like to shift, does anyone have any ideas where best to get rid of them?

collectors fair would probably be your best bet - tey used to have one at withdean every now and again

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I used to collect programmes EFFUSIVELY but I rarely bother any more. And yes, I think the success of NSC (and Harty being on local radio) has done for fanzines at Brighton. I bought Millwall's (NOLU) on Boxing day and it was a good read... but then Millwall don't have the internet presence that Brighton fans do.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

I'm the other way round,

like to buy an away programme as a sort of trophy from the away day + the stat side of things on other teams ..... sad yes !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports