Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So..er...any players you think we should try to sign from the Championship?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
"Ain't that good" as in "most likely isn't good enough to guarantee 40 points by Christmas" rather than "he's shit".

Teemu Pukki had five goals by this point last season as well. Where's he now?
Thinking this could come back to bite you, Watkins is a quality player. Pukki has had one good season in his career.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dont think any signings are coming. Not needed and not easy - the clubs down there know that they are the only possible market now.

I hear a lot of people wanting Norwich players and I think that is even more difficult. They have the squad and ambition to get straight up again and signing any of their key players would probably be really, really expensive. Big money that are currently only real inside thick skulls.

I guess there is a slim chance of some talented players in a smaller Championship club or League One arriving, but most likely no-one that we would see a lot of this season.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Jutkewiecz at Birmingham is a real handful and would offer us a really physical goalscoring presence. Reckon we could get him for around £12m also.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jutkewiecz at Birmingham is a real handful and would offer us a really physical goalscoring presence. Reckon we could get him for around £12m also.

That's up there with your best, Crodo.

Of the genuine names mentioned:

King might work for us, but I imagine he'll have bigger fish to fry.

Benrahma, I just can't convince myself about. Yes, very talented, but die-hard Brentford fans will tell you he's got significant flaws in his game. If he's that good, why has he not been snapped up yet- probably by Villa, where Smith has managed him before and money is clearly no object? Is he one of those flair merchants that can take the piss in the Championship but can't do it in the Premier league? I can't help thinking he's another Knockaert, or- perhaps more similar in style- Adel Taarabt. Where's Taarabt now?

Deeney- no thanks, Watford fans have been wanting rid of him for at least two seasons now.

Brooks- will go back to Sheffield, I imagine.

Sarr- bigger clubs than us interested, and also Palace (who tried to buy him previously but were beaten by Watford).

Cantwell- no thanks, have a hunch he'd fail the No Dickheads rule by a mile

Isaac Success- you've got to be kidding me. If his name was Isaac Ordinary or Isaac Absolute-Failure nobody would even cast a glance in his direction.

Karlan Grant might have been worth a gamble given that he's scored goals for an abysmal Huddersfield side at Premier League level and probably isn't as expensive as others (also a Southern lad and has previously played for Crawley on loan so knows his way to Sussex :) ). Sounds like he's almost signed for West Brom though.

Would definitely like Rico Henry, though I don't think he's likely to solve our goalscoring problem.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You missed out the dot between the 1 and the 2.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Onel Hernandez from Norwich , strong pacey direct player can play left or right wing but likes to cut inside and power drive into the box , good age at 24 ish .

Would he be an upgrade on Trossard, March or Izzy?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ollie Watkins. Oh :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here