Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So does anyone have any idea who this striker is that Gus wants to sign??

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My intuition says that both Billy Sharp (Doncaster Rovers) and Bobby Z (Fulham) will change clubs.

Which only shows that intuition is fallible.

What I hope is that Hoskins and Buckley return to maximum fitness and then we will have a presence. And I am not sure Lua lua is on match fitness.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it would be Boyd or Hartley not both and until a signing is confirmed anythings is possible.

BG please drop the T. It's Harley not J.R :smile:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it would be Boyd or Hartley not both and until a signing is confirmed anythings is possible.

Boyd is more of a winger/forward than a cental midfielder. Harley is more of a central midfielder than a winger/forward. I don't see them as competing players at all.

If we are serious about getting up then, why not both if we can? Both are absolute quality and if they add something different from what we've got then all's well.

Personally, I don't see the Boyd rumour coming to fruition at all but would love it if it did.

On the striker front, very few of the names mentioned so far on here strike me as particularly special. Maynard, Bednar, Cox and Beckford are "special" (and unrealistic). Lomana Lua Lua definately isn't special anymore.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Boyd is more of a winger/forward than a cental midfielder. Harley is more of a central midfielder than a winger/forward. I don't see them as competing players at all.

If we are serious about getting up then, why not both if we can? Both are absolute quality and if they add something different from what we've got then all's well.

Personally, I don't see the Boyd rumour coming to fruition at all but would love it if it did.

On the striker front, very few of the names mentioned so far on here strike me as particularly special. Maynard, Bednar, Cox and Beckford are "special" (and unrealistic). Lomana Lua Lua definately isn't special anymore.
I think that we need an attacking midfielder to play just behind the front 2 and in front of the holding midfielders and I would see both Harley (sorry for putting a T in it) or Boyd filling that role as an addition to Buckley but not both. Also Lomano Lua Lua is not special as JB says but he could fill a void until Hoskins is completely fit which is an option that we do not have at the moment of bringing ona striker if CMS or Barnes are not performing, hence my view give him a short contract and go from there.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think that we need an attacking midfielder to play just behind the front 2 and in front of the holding midfielders and I would see both Harley (sorry for putting a T in it) or Boyd filling that role as an addition to Buckley but not both. Also Lomano Lua Lua is not special as JB says but he could fill a void until Hoskins is completely fit which is an option that we do not have at the moment of bringing ona striker if CMS or Barnes are not performing, hence my view give him a short contract and go from there.

Interesting. I would have seen Harley as direct competition for the Dicker role with Buckley in the Bennett role behind the front two (as you say). Boyd would compete with Buckley for this position.

That said, I still don't think we actually NEED Boyd. If Buckley's fit, with Noone rampaging as he is, we have huge strength in the winger/forward role (although its not a role I think Lua Lua can play)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think that we need an attacking midfielder to play just behind the front 2 and in front of the holding midfielders

imo, the one thing we dont need is another attacking midfielder, unless improving on and therefore replacing, what we already have. dont really play the formation to have holding midfielders either.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Personally, I think our starting formation will be:

View attachment 27579

Buckley would assume the wide role with Harley fitting in where Dicker played last season on the inside left but with a more roaming role. Barnes would start up top (or Hoskins or A.N Other striker) who would move to he outside right position when Buckley moves infield.

If we only start with one up front. I think it will be as follows:

Fig 2.png

Noone replaces Buckley on the right with Buckley moving to a more free role behind Mackail-Smith.

If Boyd came in, it would be to alternate with Buckley in the starting line-up.

PS. Yes I was quite bored this morning.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Aaron Mclean?
Not even been at Hull for a full season but only been named as a sub so far this season. Only scored 3 times for Hull last season.
But was prolific with CMS before moving to Hull.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Could it just be Bobby Z !!! Oh god pleeeeeaaseeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not sure why McLean has struggled to step up although it may be the way Hull play as Fryatt also took an age to start to score for them. The risk is that he doesn't have what it takes although I would be surprised. Would they want to recover what they paid for him - somewhere between £1.2 and £1.5m from memory?

Another who could be available is Sylvain Ebanks-Blake at Wolves (have to say I think he might suit us perfectly) and of course we have already been linked with Roman Bednar of West Brom who is the big bustling type who could certainly do a job for us if he is fit and focussed.

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
haha....I can safely say, not a chance in hell.

Might not be as far fetched as you think.

I used to work for one of the current BHA directors and he told me 2-3 months ago they were in contact about BZ coming next season. If this season goes tits up at Fulham and he doesn't get on with Jol, well, you never know....

seag67

Aug 21, 2011
portslade
i would love to see george boyd of the posh or nicky maynard of bristol city i think either one would be a class act with cms

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Maynard will go before the deadline. City say they want £6m, I suspect he will go for nearer £3.5/£4 but not to us I would'nt have thought, although who knows..The boy does look class. Leicester seem to want him but then they seem to want everyone, personally I think they are a bit of a joke and if I was a player I would not want to go anywhere near that shambles atm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here