Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, 10 games left...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
...and currently it is one win from last 13 in PL.

Under Hughton we won 3 of the last 23, prompting Tony to make the change.

In terms of wins from the last 23 games this time are we going to finish this season a) worse b) the same c) better?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
If Potter stays until the end of the season we will be relegated imo.

Just can't see where the 2/3 wins needed to stay in the division are going to come from. Mind you, other teams have also been on long winless runs and then all of a sudden have won 2 or 3 on the bounce. So it can be done, but I don't think it will.

Praying that I am wrong. I am desperate for GP to be a success here.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Beat City, Liverpool, Wolves and Arsenal and things will look very different.
#Believe #BarleyWine

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
At least 3 wins will be needed - but not sure where they will come from, although think we could beat Newcastle.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Posted on another thread but....

Arsenal and man u are both very average away and well beatable. In fact Arsenal have won TWO away games this season. Last 3 games are definitely winnable. Norwich is winnable.

Even wolves aren't that great at home, they usually draw. They have 3 more home points than us this season (and we are sh1t!!)

I still have hope.

We will get 2 wins and 4 draws....and may just stay up on goal difference.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Wins......Newcastle ( H )
Draws....Wolves ( A ) Norwich ( A ) Arsenal ( H ) Saints (A ) Burnley ( A )
Lose the rest.
36 points..........probably not enough. Turning one draw into a win might do it. Going to the wire.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Have just read in the Sunday Times that we are the only team in the top four divisions/leagues not to have won a game in 2020.
Dismal!:ohmy:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm not sure it matters who we play against, we can beat anyone. We can also lose to anyone. It's up to the players to fight now and fight hard.

Nobody knows how the next 10 games are going to go, but at least the players can now see relegation calling with enough time to do something about it, if they have it in them.

It is positive that we do play well, despite what some people are saying. We create plenty of chances and we keep the ball well. If we were playing badly (like this time last season) we wouldn't have much of a chance of staying up. The only thing we are missing at the moment is finishing, and perhaps also a real sense of urgency. I expect the urgency to be there from now on, because it needs to be.

We're going to need some luck, we are going to need others around us to drop points too, but there is plenty in our hands and there are enough games to turn this around. We don't need to fix the way we play, it's all about the hearts and heads of the players from now on IMO.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm not sure it matters who we play against, we can beat anyone. We can also lose to anyone. It's up to the players to fight now and fight hard.

Nobody knows how the next 10 games are going to go, but at least the players can now see relegation calling with enough time to do something about it, if they have it in them.

It is positive that we do play well, despite what some people are saying. We create plenty of chances and we keep the ball well. If we were playing badly (like this time last season) we wouldn't have much of a chance of staying up. The only thing we are missing at the moment is finishing, and perhaps also a real sense of urgency. I expect the urgency to be there from now on, because it needs to be.

We're going to need some luck, we are going to need others around us to drop points too, but there is plenty in our hands and there are enough games to turn this around. We don't need to fix the way we play, it's all about the hearts and heads of the players from now on IMO.

Agree with this.

The way we play, we are as likely to beat Wolves/Arsenal/United, as we are to beat Newcastle/Norwich/Saints

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Last year we were poor in the second half of the season but there were clearly three worse teams than us.

This season we seem poor but only Norwich and maybe aston villa are worse than us. We need to fight to stay out of that third relegation place because right now - we are in a bit of trouble.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree that we are as likely to beat arsenal United as Norwich and Newcastle BUT we are so lacking in confidence and even just that bit of luck which,as like yesterday Watford west ham and also Bournemouth to a degree will now have more confidence.

My biggest worry is that we have lost belief when a goal scoring opportunity arrives. The finishing was League Two stuff yesterday

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Posted on another thread but....

Arsenal and man u are both very average away and well beatable. In fact Arsenal have won TWO away games this season. Last 3 games are definitely winnable. Norwich is winnable.

Even wolves aren't that great at home, they usually draw. They have 3 more home points than us this season (and we are sh1t!!)

I still have hope.

We will get 2 wins and 4 draws....and may just stay up on goal difference.

Gulp Dwayne that’s so positive ...agreed

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My biggest worry is that we have lost belief when a goal scoring opportunity arrives. The finishing was League Two stuff yesterday

After yesterday, this exactly. The lack of composure was at times unforgivable.

And I don;t want to have a go at one of our local lads, but just almost from a technical point of view, what was Solly March doing? I mean, just in the way he approached even trying to put that ball into the goal? Can't you work on that stuff in training, finishing from all sorts of positions from all sorts of different balls arriving at you?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Beat City, Liverpool, Wolves and Arsenal and things will look very different.
#Believe #BarleyWine
look what happened when we had the " Must Win's " of Villa and 'Muff? ... Those were much easier games on paper.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have just read in the Sunday Times that we are the only team in the top four divisions/leagues not to have won a game in 2020.
Dismal!:ohmy:

While that isn’t a great stat, with the winter break and cup, we have played just 8 league games in 2020. We are P8 W0 D5 L3.

2 of the defeats were both by a single goal. It’s not quite a bleak as some people are making out. We’re in the mire, I’m not doubting that, but no need to talk ourselves into even worse prospects than we actually have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here