Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snow! Will we get any?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bummer-thought this might be a link to keep Rage Against The Machine off no.1.Informer-class tune:dunce::smokin:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was going by BBC christmas weather site - quoted odds between 3-1 to 8-1

If I were to put some money on a White UK Xmas, I'd put it on a more northern location, as there's a chance that the north will see snow on the day, with milder air pushing up from the south.

The models don't seem to really know what's going to happen after the weekend ... yet.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It was snowing in Southampton/Eastleigh last night. Didn't settle though.

It was, however, bloody freezing and I was playing football without gloves. *realman*

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It was snowing in Southampton/Eastleigh last night. Didn't settle though.

It was, however, bloody freezing and I was playing football without gloves. *realman*

It's snowing in Redhill now!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Little bits of snow coming down in Orpington. Little flurries for about an hour now.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Snowing in Brentwood since 11.00, getting more impressive now and settling

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
snowing for a while now in Oxford Circus, actually, more like sleet with the odd larger flake!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Met office have issued a severe weather warning for all you Brighton boys & Girls for Friday.

60% chance of disruption Brighton & Hove -West Sussex-

There is a high risk of severe weather affecting parts of east and southeastern England during Friday. Heavy snow showers will give accumulations of 5-10cm on low ground and 15-20cm over hills. Some drifting snow is likely in the strong north to northeasterly wind. This could cause disruption to travel networks. Outdoor events may also be affected by the snow.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not going to hit Lyme until Saturday, but they're forecasting bucketloads on the local radio weather.

I've just popped into Co-op on the High Street and they're already out of bread and running extremely low on long life milk.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Why do people treat a light dusting of snow as the onset of Armageddon, stocking up with tinned food etc etc.

Ridiculous

I'll remind you of that when you are sucking the nutrients out of your carpet whilst I am enjoying a tasty tin of Ravioli whilst sitting in my severe weather Bunker.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
hammering down now in Oxford Circus, golf ball size flakes! settling on the roofs !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here