Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snow White and her seven Friends

Yoda

English & European
And does it end at Friends? I wouldn't put it past these cretins to rename them Temperamentally-Challenged, Narcoleptically-Challenged, Nasally-Challenged, Intellectually-Challenged, Resolutely-Challenged, Miserably-Challenged and Doc.

General Practitioner surely?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Snow whit and seven politically correct named loads of old bollocks. Got them some coverage though. I hope that's what it's really for. Dwarves exist, and snow white had seven of the little blighters, no point denying it.

el punal

This!

If it was because the term 'dwarf' was too offensive, they'd use a different term, but still hire adults for the parts. The fact that they've hired children to save money shows that this is nothing to do with political correctness at all. It's pretty shameful that they themselves don't want to hire little people (I think that's the correct term) and to hide it, they're pretending it's because they don't want to offend those that they don't want to employ.

I suppose one way to, sort of, solve the problem is too recruit a woman with gigantism to play Snow White and her friends/dwarves/gnomes/little people to be normal sized, average persons. Heigh-ho!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Oh FFS so what should a dwarf be called? A dwarf is a dwarf, a black man is a black man, a homosexual is a homosexual. Who are these people that make nuts decisions like this.

Hi Ho!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh FFS so what should a dwarf be called? A dwarf is a dwarf, a black man is a black man, a homosexual is a homosexual. Who are these people that make nuts decisions like this.

Hi Ho!!!
An orc is an orc...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Hi Ho!!!
I'm actually nuts and I find this highly offensive[emoji35]

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Hi Ho!!!
they are all midgets
oh no sorry small people

very small people

with very small lives

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am not sure they are even friends. Snow White and the Seven Associates would be more in keeping.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the seven dwarfs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Story is nonsense. The National Review is an extreme right-wing Republican propoganda organ, which loves to make up 'political correctness gone mad' stories. In other words, a US version of the Daily Mail.

If you look on the theatre's website, the production is simply called 'Snow White'. No mention of 'seven friends'.

http://www.demontforthall.co.uk/events/events.php/2015/1427/snow-white/

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
has nobody notice the poor spelling of theatre?? if you read the venues "what's on" it just called snow white, sound like yanks sensationalising a none story just to get people's back up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here