Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Snouts in the bloody trough..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would bloody like that !!!!

Anything but Corbyn like many hundreds of thousands of others. Starmer is a much safer bet
Fair enough, but you need to wait until your last two votes for Brexit and Johnson have played out their full term. You can change your mind mid term but you've voted for another 2 years of this yet before you get another go :shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The royals are beyond reproach and scrutiny to so many for their disgusting privileged snouts constantly being in the trough amongst many other things. It is utterly depressing.

I need no convincing though. He's not my king. I have absolutely no respect for the man.
The money you could save with a cheaper head of state.

I quite like Charles as a bloke, although he hasn't had time to misuse his power and wealth as much as his predecessor . . . Yet. Give him time obviously and he'll most likely be paying of any necessary sex trafficking victims like a good un.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Fair enough, but you need to wait until your last two votes for Brexit and Johnson have played out their full term. You can change your mind mid term but you've voted for another 2 years of this yet before you get another go :shrug:
I am not sure this is correct, you can't vote again! It's not democratic. I've read this a few times.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Like many others in the same boat. Things might be a lot better in 2yrs who knows what the future holds

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Elite member of establishment does something wrong.

Gets defended by another elite member of establishment though.

If hasn’t already got off, gets sentenced by another elite member of the establishment

If (a big if by now) penalty is heavy, then gets appealed to another elite member of establishment

And then if (IF!) upheld and not reduced or quashed, don’t forget another elite member of the establishment can change the rules!

Effectively it’s like Steele commiting a foul, with Dunk as ref, who’s been selected by RDZ, who’s monitored by Barber against laws designed, set and ruled over by Bloom.

Funnily, no penalty was awarded to the opposition in the end. Which is great if you’re a Brighton fan (aka the elite establishment). But less so if you support anyone else…

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

If hasn’t already got off, gets sentenced by another elite member of the establishment

If (a big if by now) penalty is heavy, then gets appealed to another elite member of establishment

And then if (IF!) upheld and not reduced or quashed, don’t forget another elite member of the establishment can change the rules!

Effectively it’s like Steele commiting a foul, with Dunk as ref, who’s been selected by RDZ, who’s monitored by Barber against laws designed, set and ruled over by Bloom.

Funnily, no penalty was awarded to the opposition in the end. Which is great if you’re a Brighton fan (aka the elite establishment). But less so if you support anyone else…
You've also got the bloke on the PA system telling you it wasn't a foul and most the commentators on the TV and Radio telling you to support Brighton.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You've also got the bloke on the PA system telling you it wasn't a foul and most the commentators on the TV and Radio telling you to support Brighton.
That’s more the Chinese version, but it’s becoming increasingly hard to tell the difference I agree.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, yes let's get a Labour Gov't instead. They won't have their snouts in the same trough...oh, wait a minute.

Plenty of reasons to switch to Labour, but that ain't one of them. Most politicians trough in the same farmyard.
I thought he said we need a revolution?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One gets the impression that you’re not going to have a particularly fun day tomorrow.

Top tip. Stay in bed and stay off NSC. 😜

Very surprisingly a mixed bag in the end. The BBC late evening predicted a 15% swing to Labour in Uxbridge in a crushing victory, they played amateur psychologist and said the Tories in the hall were sad.

Politics …. it’s a funny old game.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Tom Scholar, who was sacked by Truss as the Treasury’s top civil servant on her first day in power, was given a severance payment of £335,000, plus £122,000 in annual leave adjustments and compensation in lieu of notice.😯
…… which is Truss’s fault for dumping him against all the advice for no good reason, rather than his fault for being dumped on from a great height.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How come the huge pay rises and salaries of the mega-rich are never blamed for fuelling inflation, or pricing themselves out of work?
One Think Tank or similar did recently cite the pay rises of top earners as a factor in fuelling inflation

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very surprisingly a mixed bag in the end. The BBC late evening predicted a 15% swing to Labour in Uxbridge in a crushing victory, they played amateur psychologist and said the Tories in the hall were sad.

Politics …. it’s a funny old game.
Nice to see Labour turning over the biggest majority in their history. But in London, @clapham_gull had called the Uxbridge situation.

Tory voters gaslit into believing that Johnson’s old ULEZ policy was a Labour idea. I suspect Tory HQ will now realise that anti-green policies (framing JSO as Labour and the biggest threat to the Country) should be put at the forefront of the culture wars. This Trumpian message works. Stuff the environment.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
To be fair, it’s the nearly 50% rise in the money for the Royals which gets me most. I’d like to see the justification. Has the price of caviar gone through the roof? The price of champagne rocketed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here