Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Snoring😴

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Does anyone use any devices / remedies before bed ect that seem to work? 🥱

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A glass of cold water, tipped over your head by whoever is trying to sleep next to you.

Worked for me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes, I’m often sleeping in the spare room, it’s better than getting an elbow in the ribs. 😬

I have got some sort of gum shield that I got from Boots, various versions available on Amazon etc, works for a while but not 100% fix.
I was really bad when I had been drinking and very tired.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I used to get sent to the spare room regularly. Then I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Got given a machine and stopped snoring over night. Combinded with stopping drinking and cutting meat to only when I go out and I can now sleep without snoring even without the machine - still use the machine for my apnea though. Maybe go see your doctor.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A sleep apnoea breathing machine from the hospital cured my other half. Our GP sent him to the sleep clinic.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
From the second I sleep I snore, so my wife and I top and tail. However, my wife sometimes shakes me angrily if I'm too loud. I got really annoyed when I awoke to aggressive shaking one night in Turkey this summer - turned out it was an earthquake.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My husband snores and for years I put up with it. I had a cold and snored, he moaned and *ucked off to the spare room, bloody hypocrite.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm a prolific snorer and it's a constant issue for poor Mrs Nose...

I've tried multiple things, and the one which works for me is having the mattress elevated at the head end by about 20 degrees (I use a load of cushions). I also use a mouth guard. No guarantees, but it's improved it no end. Being very tired and drinking too much always buggers this, so I've cut back on alcohol.

Oh, and when I lost 3 stone a few years ago (and looked visibly thin!) I stopped snoring altogether. It's all back on now and the snoring has reconvened. I'm not what you'd call 'rotund' but I'm 6ft 2 and 17 stone and now when I put weight on I end up with more chins than the Beijing phone book when my head is crooked as I sleep. That can't help...

So, try the elevated mattress. It really works :thumbsup:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Wifey snores when overtired. Problem is she is totally deaf without her hearing aids so normally just wakes up when I chuck the covers of her so she has to wake up to reclaim them

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I used to snore something chronic, first thought was sleep apnea, but turned out I didn't have that and was offered a Septoplasty op, which has totally changed things.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I used to be a terrible snorer, according to Mrs LLF. I must admit, I have even woken myself up snoring.
However, I got cancer in my left side tonsil, and had it and a fairly good good portion of my soft pallet on that side removed. Quite a lot of scar tissue there now, but, a very welcome ( for Mrs LLF) side effect is, I no longer snore.
I realise this is quite a drastic solution but, it is a solution.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My wife is constantly on about my snoring, which gets worse if I have had a beer or two.
I am around 87kg, or 13.7 stones and 6ft tall.
I am not fat, as I do very manual work, the weight is where I need it, in my legs, arms, back and shoulders.
I don't really have a gut.
When I get the 'dig' I roll onto my right side, though according to Mrs, I still snore a bit even then.
I will look into it in the new year.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
A sleep apnoea breathing machine from the hospital cured my other half. Our GP sent him to the sleep clinic.
Another vote for the CPAP machine. If you have sleep apnoea, get yourself tested. I get a much better night's sleep using it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here