Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Snooker Loopy 2019

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well, that's my interest largely gone already.
Agreed.

It was a sad and bizarre showing from Ronnie.

No great joy to be found in the "achievement" of Cahill. Very average standard of play for that level.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Well, that's my interest largely gone already.

The Beeb were talking it up as though it were some seismic event but you know the viewing figures will die now Ronnie's out. He's like Tiger and golf. The sport can't do without him.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Beeb were talking it up as though it were some seismic event but you know the viewing figures will die now Ronnie's out. He's like Tiger and golf. The sport can't do without him.

James Wattana just described it as one of the biggest shocks in sporting history.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I used to quite like snooker but it is now the most tedious, boring sport you could watch, with a bunch of boring players, there is zero fun to it any more.
Occasionally the odd decent match comes along usually involving O Sullivan but that is about it.
The days of White, Higgins, Bill Werberbubble and that bloke that posed naked on the baize have long gone.
It's Rubbish as Crodo well knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sGjYgDXEWo

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Seen some of it and like a few here even though the standard is high for me players like Selby will kill the game,but the why that these Chinese players approach the game has beed a decent watch and give them a few more years and they will dominate the game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seen some of it and like a few here even though the standard is high for me players like Selby will kill the game,but the why that these Chinese players approach the game has beed a decent watch and give them a few more years and they will dominate the game.

Not a fan of the Jester from Leicester?

For me he's one you've got to be in awe of, a player who has achieved more in the game than his natural ability would suggest he should do.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Getting to the business end of the tournament now, QF's today and tomorrow., and what a line up:

Thunder from Down Under v Wizard of Wishaw
Mr Haircut 100 v The Maverick
The Warrior v The Angry Farmer
The Captain v Sexbomb

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Yes I know, I have already said that there were some very boring players in the past, but there were many characters as well, today there are none.
It's a good job the Chinese have come along to liven things up, they are real characters aren't they.
I watched the start of today's games, introduced by that MC that thinks he is in a boxing ring, then introducing the players with their nicknames, the maverick FFS, then they come in to loud music, eye of the tiger or some shit, the crowd is applauding, the commentators are bigging it up, they all shake hands and then....oh.
"And where is the que ball going!", Shutup Virgo and go to the bar, again.
And what is that slo mo on each player at the start of this evenings play all about.
I watch about 15 minutes and can't take any more.
Zzzzzzzz.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Yes I know, I have already said that there were some very boring players in the past, but there were many characters as well, today there are none.
It's a good job the Chinese have come along to liven things up, they are real characters aren't they.
I watched the start of today's games, introduced by that MC that thinks he is in a boxing ring, then introducing the players with their nicknames, the maverick FFS, then they come in to loud music, eye of the tiger or some shit, the crowd is applauding, the commentators are bigging it up, they all shake hands and then....oh.
"And where is the que ball going!", Shutup Virgo and go to the bar, again.
And what is that slo mo on each player at the start of this evenings play all about.
I watch about 15 minutes and can't take any more.
Zzzzzzzz.

could say the same about football

infact any sport these days

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Yes you could there are not many Frank Worthingtons around these days.
I like Moto GP so I get my fix of excitement and characters.

I loved Alex Higgins

but could you imagine how long the ref head butting,threatening to have other players shot,alcoholic would last in today's PC world?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Best final ever ? Up to you but 1985 and the only time Dennis Taylor was in front was when he potted the final black,doesn't matter what has gone on before. Yet Trump just stunning and missed nothing,or very little. Snooker needs Box Office,hopefully goodbye Robertson,Selby and a few others.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Best final ever ? Up to you but 1985 and the only time Dennis Taylor was in front was when he potted the final black,doesn't matter what has gone on before. Yet Trump just stunning and missed nothing,or very little. Snooker needs Box Office,hopefully goodbye Robertson,Selby and a few others.

yes,takes some beating that one

Hendry coming back from 6 frames down against Jimmy White was a great final also

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here