Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Snapchat

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does that mean that any snapchat content taken during those times, at the Amex is put together onto one of these stories by snapchat? That would be awesome - seems like a decent price especially if you can put NSC branding on it.

Then again, it seems very unlikely it would drive enough people here and in turn make a discernable difference to revenue. So it's just a cost.

None of the above.

When you take a snap (a photo or a short video) there are a series of filters you can apply to it. A few are instagram style colour filters but there are others that include the temperature, the time and your speed.

Additionally, there are a whole load of geofilters that will only be available if you're in the right place (and also, possibly, at the right time). They'll generally provide an overlay to the picture at the top, bottom and/or sides with your span visible behind that. Seems central Brighton has a new one (the writing and the Royal Pavilion outline).

Brighton Snapchat Geofilter.png

These can be provided by anyone as along as they are not corporate branded (and, presumably, decent) but people, companies and events can create their own for specific purposes. It certainly wouldn't be cash-generative, just a bit of fun really.

1066gull

Yeh, it's hard to make money out of this. It's more about getting people together. I will be well up for getting involved in having some northstandchat/wearebrighton endorsed collaborations for big matches.

Like big derby games. Or do or die games. If we were at Wembley, it's possible there maybe a filter already done by the organisers.

Or maybe being in the Play-off final would be perfect to get involved organising a geo-filter.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I enjoy WhatsApp, have a group going for schoolmates, uni mates and family - really helpful to share what you have been up to or arrange things. You can have some great #bantz on there.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Can't stand it. If I see one more of my female friends in a "Just relaxing in the bath with wine" pose, I'll throw my phone at one of them. It's an app that defines the very "instant gratification" nature of young people these days, and personally I like a bit of privacy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I tried it, I hated it.

Must have been a year or two ago that I got told to download it, and I used it for a month or so. it was mainly used between me and friends and colleagues to send ridiculous abuse or 'amusing' pictures between eachother. But that quickly wore off.

I am 27 so hope I am not considered an oldie, but I just can;t be dealing with these apps these days. If I want to send a picture to someone why do I want it to disappear?

Similar age and exactly the same feelings here (for both snapchat and hoping I'm not now 'old'), I just don't see the point of it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do people really send smutty pics to people, thinking they're 'safe' because they will only see them once, and then the pic will disappear??

Have these people never heard of screenshots?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Once us 'oldies' start to use snapchat the kids will have moved on to the next big thing.
Well that's how it works in my family - "But Dad that's soooooo yesterday"

1066gull

Do people really send smutty pics to people, thinking they're 'safe' because they will only see them once, and then the pic will disappear??

Have these people never heard of screenshots?

Snapchat records screenshot notifications and tells the end user the recipient has taken a screenshot. In banking applications such as Natwest, Barclays, Lloyds etc. it is impossible to screenshot for security. The app doesn't allow it in a similar way it is impossible to copy and paste photos off The Sun website. Technology is there to prevent users from removing information digitally but that doesn't stop you taking an actual photo of the screen and so on.

It also doesn't take away from the fact your information is still retained on their servers which is why I am totally agaisnt the Snoopers Charter and the state to have the ability to process mass amounts of data.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here