Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

snakes

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
okay so im looking to buy a snake for the first time, I know the equipment that is needed but the thing is is what type of snake I should go for? I was looking at corn snakes but im no expert and thought I could hope someone on here may be able to help me out. would also like to know how you go about buying a snake in England???

I know its one of the adder requests on here but thought it was worth an asp

*queue snake puns*

Fixed that for you :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Instead of obtaining a snake and keeping it in an unnatural environment, why not do something for local wildlife like growing Bee friendly plants, putting up bird or bat nesting boxes or making a small pond in your back garden ? That way you will avoid ending up on various RSPCA programmes if/when it all goes horribly wrong, plus you will bask in the glory of knowing you have done something good.

I tried that once, with little success. Went into A Coombs Pet Centre in Baker Street and said "I'd like to buy a wasp please". Shop assistant said "I'm sorry sir, we don't sell wasps". To which I replied "Well, there's one in your window"

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I can also collect a couple of eastern browns from the rec at the back of the house. Use snake pulsers to avoid garden encroachment though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I tried that once, with little success. Went into A Coombs Pet Centre in Baker Street and said "I'd like to buy a wasp please". Shop assistant said "I'm sorry sir, we don't sell wasps". To which I replied "Well, there's one in your window"

I'm really feeling my age having heard that one again...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Now that is just sneaky, imagine a Python that has a pattern the same as a carpet and when you walk across it BAM !

I once almost trod on a small baby, in the Brighton library, as his onsie (he hadn't grown out of them) matched the play mat. The mother gave me an almighty scowl.

I've always wanted a lizard, but I can't get passed the whole captivity issue. Someone reassure me that I would not be cruel to tank a lizard.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I once almost trod on a small baby, in the Brighton library, as his onsie (he hadn't grown out of them) matched the play mat. The mother gave me an almighty scowl.

I've always wanted a lizard, but I can't get passed the whole captivity issue. Someone reassure me that I would not be cruel to tank a lizard.

Sorry, it's cruel. I have Slow Worms and Wall Lizards on my allotment, lovely to look at and sometimes hold but I always let them go.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Sorry, it's cruel. I have Slow Worms and Wall Lizards on my allotment, lovely to look at and sometimes hold but I always let them go.

Slow Worms seem to like my allotment as well. I make sure to leave some compost for them to live in as they like eating slugs.

Fairly symbiotic relationship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here