Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking in the toilets.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
wasnt Withdean made non smoking as well?

Yes and I nearly got executed by a very zealous steward for smoking a fag by the toilets there!!! its simple, provide a fenced off area outside for smokers and appoint toilet prefects to patrol the toilets at half time!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Yes and I nearly got executed by a very zealous steward for smoking a fag by the toilets there!!! its simple, provide a fenced off area outside for smokers and appoint toilet prefects to patrol the toilets at half time!!

How about they charge smokers say £2 for each fag so they could fund the extra stewards to do this ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
People moan about smokers not being able to last 2 hours without a smoke, true, but how many of you can last for 2 hours without pies or beer?

Its down to serving the customer. Maybe a smoking section so all the smokers can choke to death on each others fumes?

Of course if we are talking catering to supporters maybe a few extra cubicles so Danny Seagull and a few others can have a halftime wank?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just a polite question;

If everyone in the country gave up smoking, do you think alcohol would be the next item on the 'banning' list for society....?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just a polite question;

If everyone in the country gave up smoking, do you think alcohol would be the next item on the 'banning' list for society....?

Probably not. Second hand drunkenness has never been reported, as far as I know, so one person's choice to risk their own health (in extreme circumstances) doesn't automatically risk others' health.

Obviously some may talk about drink driving, but that is not a side effect of drinking, that's a side effect of irresponsible drinkers, in the same way that setting fires is the side effect of irresponsible smokers, so is not a relevant comparison, imo.

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
it shows how much the game has changed in the 80s you could go on the terreces and smell the ganja,burgers and hot dogs.those were the days!!.i gave up smokeing 5 years ago,but have no problem with smokers.think they should at least have an area to smoke in.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Some people want a smoking area!?
Idiots, next they will ask to an opium den or to extend half time so they can shoot some heroin (or whatever they do with it).

Drug addicts should be seeking help not attending football.

No middle ground for you then fella! I can only aspire to live my life as perfectly as you.:bowdown:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Some people will always drink and drive. Should we make allowances for them?
Some people will start fights in West Street on a Friday. Should we set up a boxing ring for them?

ffs comparing a smoker to a drink driver or a thug is f*cking ridiculous.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Probably not. Second hand drunkenness has never been reported

Tends to come in the form of violence or a urin stained front door.

Never had that problem with a smoker.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I don't even smoke a lot but after a few beers before the game when half time comes round I really fancy a smoke. Bit shit that there is nothing in place to accommodate as I have seen people smoking inside the concourses and in toilets and this could be avoided

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Games aren't normal circumstances though, they get tense and when the adrenalines going and the alcohols in effect it makes it hard to resist.

Its not like a boring day at work or doing nothing when cravings would be easier to ignore

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tends to come in the form of violence or a urin stained front door.

Never had that problem with a smoker.

'Tends to' is overstating it by a significant amount. Every single smoker contributes to second hand smoke, it's virtually impossible to smoke without poisoning the air for other people. The majority of people who drink do not indulge in violence and pissing in door ways.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Just a polite question;

No. Houses and land. Squatters are apparently good for society and travellers should build what they want where they want without paying taxes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here