[Albion] Smoker on Falmer to Lewes train

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A cryptic clue then, “There’s somebody at the door”

Google the “Lillywhites” [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Lillywhites reference confused me. I presume you mean Spurs or maybe the once brilliant, tragically ruined by Mike Axley, sports shop in Piccadilly Circus.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thank God they also didn't have a big bunch of flowers for their Mum for Mothers Day with them.

The selfish ******* could have killed that kid with their selfish pollen habits!

Mothers Day was in March so surely the flowers would be dead by now?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, but the chances of the smoker a) seeing this thread and b) giving a shit are probably zero. It's like when you go on TwatBook and see some Doris post an angry rant about "the bloke in the Audi who cut me up at the lights on Boundary. Don't you know you could of (sic) killed little Chardonney" followed by 200 likes or loves from similar bints and a few "Hugz - inbox me". The Audi driver, meanwhile, may be unaware he did cut up the car, may very well not know there was a kid in there and won't see the post anyway.

Did anyone else see / inhale this guy's smoke? The lack of anyone confirming seems to suggest that the vast majority of people in that packed carriage do not read or post on NSC. :shrug:

That aside, football trains are remarkably WELL behaved these days. Back in the day, people smoked in non smoking carriages, drank on dry trains and so on every weekend. I can remember getting a special back from Pompey and every light bulb in first class had been luzzed two minutes outside of Fratton.

There was some good banter on our train back yesterday between a young lad (Brighton, very pissed) and two Glasweigan United fans one of whom was in full 1970s punk gear, complete with mohican (you'd have loved him). The stuff the Brighton lad was coming out with would've led to claret all over the shop back in the day. Yesterday? Everyone was laughing. I've not bothered starting a thread on it, though, because of the 20 or so of us interacting it's likely none bar me are on NSC and it would've sunk to the bottom of the page like The GC in concrete undies.

Goodness.

Well I'll not defend the OP any more, then. That me schooled!

As for your anecdote, any older supporter of the team who has won (note to look up and fill in later) getting punchy with a drunken teenage gloater from a club who ain't never won nothing has serious tiny penis issues, but I agree that things have, in general, improved. And that is a lovely thing. :thumbsup:

Incidentally, you haven't been test driving sports cars recently have you? ???

:wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It isn’t true though. We had a burglary in our road and had the police knock on every door after spending several hours at the house in question. We now have daily patrols by a police van. I don’t live in Malta though so can’t vouch for your police force.

From [MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION] comment (to which I was responding) you are very fortunate to have such wonderful support.
I was commenting on a story in the UK press about an awful incident involving the Met.

Nothing to do with Malta and where one lives is irrelevant to responding to a news story.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
For a kid I expect it’s quite unsettling to have someone smoke in a confined space - afterall not something they’ll have experienced. The messages to them is how dangerous to your health it is, so maybe quite scary for some kids, others more used to parents / relatives smoking, maybe not so much.

It’s all very well people asking what did you do before the smoking ban, well, anyone under the age of say 30, probably doesn’t know or remember.

I amazed by people having a go at the OP for being intolerant by being intolerant of the OP’s views.

He/she rang the Police, is that actually a sensible expectation of how they should be using their time, really?

It’s illegal to smoke on a train, it’s also antisocial, but calling the Police? :facepalm: , and then coming onto a forum and whining FFS.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He/she rang the Police, is that actually a sensible expectation of how they should be using their time, really?

It’s illegal to smoke on a train, it’s also antisocial, but calling the Police? :facepalm: , and then coming onto a forum and whining FFS.

Nowhere does it say they ‘rang’ the police. You’ve made that bit up.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Nowhere does it say they ‘rang’ the police. You’ve made that bit up.

First post on thread, ‘your details are with Sussex Police’.

OK, maybe not phoned but reported nonetheless.

Maybe the OP drove to his local Nick, imagine all the pollutants………..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yes in 2022 if he didn’t phone then the only other option to convey the details was he drove to the station.:lolol:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

I wonder if the OP meant British Transport Police?

Passengers are 'encouraged' to report anti-social behaviour which can easily be done by text.

I did it a few months ago when a chap was being very abusive (verbally) to passengers in quite a threatening way. He was enjoying his behaviour so much he missed his Portslade stop and had to get off at Hove (train was heading to Brighton) and wait for another train to take him back.

I had a reference number from the text response I received and then spoke with BTP officers at Brighton who took further info.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The local nick was actually open to the public? - with a real policeman available, or even a PCSO? Come on - pull the other one! Where were the pink elephants?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Dude, as we speak there are children living in a subterranean hell waiting for russian soldiers to exterminate them. Get some perspective, grow some testicles, walk to the other carriage if you need to, but above all enjoy one of our best ever wins at home without batching and moaning about something trivial.

I hate it when people batch about smokers on trains.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Soon after 'the ban' came in, I was lucky enough to go and see the Led Zep reunion at the O2. The smell of weed in the air was strong, yet I found myself standing next to two American anti-smokers. They soon moved - there's a time and place to complain, that wasn't one, neither was today.
A seriously pathetic whinge from the OP who probably isn't even celebrating our historic win.
Don't be like him/her.

I agree. Don't be like the OP.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To the selfish smoker in a mustard jumper on 1950 falmer to Lewes (appeared to be with another male and female) your details are with Sussex Police & will be passed onto railway. A child with asthma wasnt enough to stop this inconsiderate ****
Couldn’t resist :)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

If I called the police every time I saw a cyclist riding on the pavement or a driver on a mobile they would have no time to do anything else. The OB don't seem to have time to deal with important stuff let alone trivia like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here