Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smash hit songs that you absolutely detest

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Every Bay City Rollers' single, any Stars on 45 record, Jive Bunny, Take That and all other boy bands..........

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Anything termed "R'n'effingB" these days. I blame Boyz/sIIMen and their tedious ilk - making serious, sincere faces, standing about in suits with 3 or 4 mates, looking earnestly into camera, moving arms about like penguins, singing "oh yeah baby" a lot. Makes me want to punch myself in the face.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
To be fair to the Dexys, if we are talking about Top 40 Singles there are very few 'Smash-Hit Songs' that I have actually liked over the past 40 years or so. But Kevin Rowlands VOICE and that fiddly-diddly dungaree wearing nonsense......

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Brought with the music from early 50s....was a Teddy Boy so I loved all the early R&R....even up to the 60s....loved 'Glad all Over' 'til Palace stole it....as with the St Pauli song.....is there anything they won't knick and claim as their own........thankfully more people liked Freddie M and Queen than disliked them....but there again it's all a matter of taste!

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
anything by coldplay, one directon, olly murs, the wanted, Jedward, all x factor rejects, cheryl cole, Kanye west, anthing thats R n B or hip hop orinatated

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have an extreme dislike of Bohemian Rhapsody...... its an operatic dirge with crap lyrics and about 6 minutes too long. I was cursed to be a regular Top of The Pops viewer while it was no.1 for about 3 months and that song took up about 20% of the show. Grrrr...

Agreed- the biggest load of pretentious rubbish ever recorded.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Bryan f***ing Adams, Everything I do.

hate it and it stayed at number 1 for a million years.

This, along with Chris DeBurgh's lady in bloody red. Chris DeBurgh did some excellent early stuff before he bought that out

Red red wine by UB40 and most things by U2 are high up there along with anything by fine young cannibals

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This, along with Chris DeBurgh's lady in bloody red. Chris DeBurgh did some excellent early stuff before he bought that out

Red red wine by UB40 and most things by U2 are high up there along with anything by fine young cannibals

Blue by FYC is an exception though!

My Sharona by The Knack. f***ed me off big style. Joan Armatrading, whilst the music left me indifferent, DLT's 'hillllarious' habit of calling her Joan Armourplating gave me a disproportionate loathing of the Valerie Singleton clam jousting Birmingham based chanteuse.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Anything by One Direction, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Lana del Rey, Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato (I'm just listing all the people fangirls obsess over now) and most songs by Nicki Minaj with the exception of Starships.

This with f***ing great bells on it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To be honest, my list would be bloody endless. Just too many to mention. Simply Red would have to rate high up as would Coldplay. And funnily enough The Stone Roses, cannot stand their particular brand of mumbling, shoegazing drudgery.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To be honest, my list would be bloody endless. Just too many to mention. Simply Red would have to rate high up as would Coldplay. And funnily enough The Stone Roses, cannot stand their particular brand of mumbling, shoegazing drudgery.

Never had The Roses down as shoegazers myself Nibster. I was however a big RIDE fan, and partial to the odd Slowdive track too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here