Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smart Phone (Android) Help Please...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Hi All,

Have I inadvertently got a free upgrade to a duff budgie? I got a Sony Xperia X10i (android) and loads of websites I try and go (to download games for my son like playnow) to require an upgrade to java and or Flash player but when I go to do these it says I can't have it on my platform....grrrrr

Help an old bird trying to learn new tricks please ;-) is this going to be impossible to get these things and get to the web site to download karting games prior to meltdown by a 5 year old in the morning when he discovers his mother has spectacularly failed!

Thanks
Justine

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
have you got the Android Market on that model? if so go there and search for Java and install that along with the Flash app, then games you download that need those two should work.

I'll check the Android forums now to check...

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
OK, I'm an Android software developer so PM me if you want more help - but basically sounds like you are trying to play web based games and these are simply not going to perform at their best on a mobile phone.

You can download Flash from the Market if your device has updated to 2.2 (They ship with 2.1) but I would recommend going into the free games section on the Market and downloading stuff that is made for the device and will play a lot better :)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
have you got the Android Market on that model? if so go there and search for Java and install that along with the Flash app, then games you download that need those two should work.

I'll check the Android forums now to check...

Just found android market and having a look - thanks Marc. There may be enough games on there to get me out of a rather large pickle for the morning and then I can work on it later...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
iPhone.

Hope this helps.

Good call 500 quid to impress a 5 year old...or not

I think java is not supported in the version of Android on the Xperia X10, however there are plenty of cheap/free karting games in the Android market. This should be listed in the apps on the phone and is very simple to use. All new apps and updates are available here, so it is worth exploring.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its ok Bozza is an itwat. Anything with a f***ing i in front and "designed" by big jobs means out come the kleenex.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I vote for more women on this site, soon as one starts a thread all the usual suspects get all squishy and moist and unbelievably helpful!! Must be an aphrodisiac... all is peaceful in NSC! :drool:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
OK, I'm an Android software developer so PM me if you want more help - but basically sounds like you are trying to play web based games and these are simply not going to perform at their best on a mobile phone.

You can download Flash from the Market if your device has updated to 2.2 (They ship with 2.1) but I would recommend going into the free games section on the Market and downloading stuff that is made for the device and will play a lot better :)

No but the sites I wanted to download the games from needed java and flash, but Android Market has come up trumps thankfully!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I vote for more women on this site, soon as one starts a thread all the usual suspects get all squishy and moist and unbelievably helpful!! Must be an aphrodisiac... all is peaceful in NSC! :drool:

Just you wait til I say something supposedly stupid! No love lost there... but then again they all know I have no hair, no teeth and smoke 60 lambert and butler a day ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here