Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
People who continuously press the stop button on the park and ride buses.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Blokes with beards and tattoos, such a generic and unimaginative cliché.

The vast majority of things in life are “generic and unimaginative” , do you struggle with everything else as well?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
People who claim they are only interested in the woes of the poor and disenfranchised when in fact it's obvious they really have contempt for the working classes and are only really interested in sustaining the status quo/their profit margin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People who claim they are only interested in the woes of the poor and disenfranchised when in fact it's obvious they really have contempt for the working classes and are only really interested in sustaining the status quo/their profit margin.

For once I agree with you. I don’t have much time for these types of people either.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I think we can agree on the type, not so sure we would pick out the same individuals.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gillette Razor blades in bullet proof plastic packaging.

Only becomes apparent when face is lathered up and hands slippery.

Rocking new updated version of the classic Gillette theme by probably the biggest act in Rock music currently Tom Grennan.

:rock:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Any pub that advertises "Bacon Cheese Burger with lettuce and onions accompanied by French fries" I think "Great I like all of that" and order it.

Then the burger comes smoothered in Mayo with Coleslaw planted on the chips. Quite frankly, the place should be shut IMMEDIATELY by the Council and the owner murdered - very slowly - with piano wire.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Stickers that can't be easily peeled off products.

The people who manufactor these stickers should be sentenced to 20 years hard labour* with no chance of parole.

*The hard labour being to peel off stickers from products.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Potty.

Even after putting him on ignore, there he is, in replies.

It is like being poked with a stick by next door.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1) Double kissing. Ridiculous and affected continental habit now in vogue here. One peck is quite sufficient. We are one short step ( and its coming...from triple kissing )
2) Man hugging When did this start? A handshake is quite sufficient. A hug should be warm and loving and special. For some people its the normal form of greeting now.
3) Waiters/waitresses...." enjoy "......let me be the judge of that.
4) Locked public toilets in the middle of the day. Either open them or knock them down.
5) Car grills with permanent ' red noses ' attached to them. You don't wear a poppy all year round. Take them off until its that time of year again.
6) Food products shrinking in size but no price change. Its happening everywhere and the manufacturers say..." We want to maintain value for money for the consumer and not increase the shelf price " What a load of tosh. A 20% reduction in size is a 20% price increase.
7) Big expensive cars refusing to get over in country lanes. If you want to take the scenic route, be prepared to tuck yourself in and accept you are going to get the odd hedge-scrape.
8) Horse riders/Cyclists. Both riding two abreast, chatting away, without a care in the world, whilst the poor motorist behind is struggling to see clearly ahead and has to move completely to the other side of the road to pass.
9) Glued down toilet paper. Very clever. You have to rip away half the roll to get started. Odd tiny bits of paper all over the loo floor.
10) Litter. Don't get me started. There is a complete lack of respect, general. Plastic and cans and fast food strewn everywhere. No where is sacred. It needs a National attitude change but I'm not holding my breath in this lazy, self-centred society.
What's wrong with hugging ? I always greet friends with a hug. Hugging is good. I'm so glad we got rid of the stiff and starchy handshake thing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Have a nice rest of your day'

:mad:

'How are you ?' from someone you don't know in a call. I always told my team never to use that expression. It is insincere and if someone wants to tell you their life story be prepared as you have a duty to listen.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
'Have a nice rest of your day'

:mad:

'How are you ?' from someone you don't know in a call. I always told my team never to use that expression. It is insincere and if someone wants to tell you their life story be prepared as you have a duty to listen.
"How are you" is a cultural thing. In South Africa, amongst both the white and black cultures, If you ask a question of someone without saying "how are you" first they are quite likely to ignore the question and either say "how are you," or "I'm very well, thankyou. How are you?" as a rebuke for your lack of social etiquette. Even the police do this.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Plastic tags that attach labels to clothing that rip a tear in the fabric if you try to unsuccessfully pull the tag off and scratch your skin forever with the part of the tag that’s left if you do manage to break it, unless you rummage around for ages looking for a small enough pair of scissors that won’t cut the fabric. You think you got them all and a few days later you find another stuck under a seam. Infuriating things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here