Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Small sections of our away support at FGR

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Am, am I old now?

I also found it quite off putting, I'm all for a bit of chanting that involves salty language and will never fail to join in to a rousing chorus of "You can stick your f*****g drum up your arse!" but just randomly calling out "Number 3, you're a c**t" over and over again isn't exactly the height of wit.

Although I did spend an entire half of football enquiring if the cap Chris Kirkland was wearing at the time was his sole England cap back in the day.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Clearly after supporting the club for 50 years and being nearly 60 I’m going to have a different view than many others, but I have to say the behaviour of a small section of our support last night shocked and disappointed me.

Pissed up/Coked up whatever, what enjoyment can you get from constantly singing infantile Albion themed songs, some of which didn’t properly rhyme 😂, constantly swearing, I doubt they even remember the game this morning, let alone the goals.

Maybe it was the surroundings, minimal coppers, limited stewarding, but I can’t recall people being allowed to behave in this manner at the EPL away games Ive attended in the last 5 years?
Where did you stand last night? Were you somewhere near the half way line?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, the first thing is what I meant but I fully respect the fact that you went last night so you had first-hand experience of what happened.

But there is a link between all the coke that's snorted and the more money for drug dealers/gangsters. I used to dabble in the powder but never at football - just on a night out.

Sorry, I'm on a real downer this morning with a couple of personal problems re family and money. I hope nobody is upset or offended with anything I've said. I just feel so low at the moment mate.

I’m really sorry to hear that. Your posts are always very reasonable on here so don’t worry about that. You made a perfectly valid connection with events in Liverpool so I just chipped in with some added info. It’s really not a problem. Keep talking and look after yourself.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Clearly after supporting the club for 50 years and being nearly 60 I’m going to have a different view than many others, but I have to say the behaviour of a small section of our support last night shocked and disappointed me.

Pissed up/Coked up whatever, what enjoyment can you get from constantly singing infantile Albion themed songs, some of which didn’t properly rhyme [emoji23], constantly swearing, I doubt they even remember the game this morning, let alone the goals.

Maybe it was the surroundings, minimal coppers, limited stewarding, but I can’t recall people being allowed to behave in this manner at the EPL away games Ive attended in the last 5 years?
You must have been near me, they moved beside and behind me fir the second half. What joy.

The thickest, ugliest, dullest sub human matter. What is the point of such matter?

The reason for the poor atmosphere, they were hideous.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Strangely enough the more away games you do the more you get to recognise the faces that are off their tits.
In the Village Inn last night I recognised a couple and within 20 minutes they were shouting in the pub etc and took their pints out of the pub and up the hill.

Sadly that's the way of modern football theses days.
I was no angel in my younger days but it was purely ale and none of this Columbian marching powder.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'll tell you.

They don't really like football. The coke facilitates an interaction with the surroundings that gives them the buzz. Having 'dabbled' in the past the idea of taking a drug that makes you smug and so very pleased with yourself that you just want to give yourself a great big hug, then jogging along to the football seems....most peculiar. I can only imagine that the football alone doesn't give them the buzz they want.

An old pal of mine, now in his late 60s, was part of the Chelsea contingent of nutters in the 80s. He has no interest in football and only went for the buzz of fighting. Spent the whole game with his back to the pitch, eyeballing away supporters. Turns out he has some mental health issues including seasonal affective disorder, and using a UV lamp during winter has helped him move away from all that nonsense. That and, er, growing up, of course. ???

Remember the middle aged coked up Millwall supporters abusing fellow Millwall supporters at the cup final? Selfish people. That's the other ingredient - no concern for their fellow humans.

I am sure someone will be along in a minute to defend the right of people to enjoy themselves, and accuse the likes of me of being a killjoy who should just shut up and mind his own business. ???

Interesting to find out that I don’t like football ???

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I experienced it at Man Utd.

There is banter and there is banter. These morons just can’t tell the difference. Constant hideous insults toward players and racial stereotyping. Even resorting to shouting you let your country down to Rashford and Sancho literally every time they touched the ball.

There is no humour. Just abuse and anger. It’s a real shame, you couldn’t possibly challenge them as they would just abuse you instead.

No one wants a sanitised experience, we are all grown ups and can deal with the f word and the odd c word but I can’t handle the constant abuse and racial slurs. It is really quite boring.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

There is banter and there is banter. These morons just can’t tell the difference. Constant hideous insults toward players and racial stereotyping. Even resorting to shouting you let your country down to Rashford and Sancho.

There is no humour from these dick heads. Just abuse and anger. It’s a real shame, you couldn’t possibly challenge them as they would just abuse you instead.

No one wants a sanitised experience, we are all grown ups and can deal with the f word and the odd c word but I can’t handle the constant abuse and racial slurs. It is really quite boring.

Someone should have filmed them and popped it on social media for everyone, including the club, to see.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes, the first thing is what I meant but I fully respect the fact that you went last night so you had first-hand experience of what happened.

But there is a link between all the coke that's snorted and the more money for drug dealers/gangsters. I used to dabble in the powder but never at football - just on a night out.

Sorry, I'm on a real downer this morning with a couple of personal problems re family and money. I hope nobody is upset or offended with anything I've said. I just feel so low at the moment mate.

Chin up fella, hope things work themselves out for you.
More important than some dicks at football, Christ on a broken unicycle there has always been knobheads at football, drink, drugs, or neither, we had a paddle steamer that had to be turned back from Brighton to Southampton for an away game back in the 20s or 30s because of unruly behaviour by our supporters.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Pissed up/Coked up whatever, what enjoyment can you get from constantly singing infantile Albion themed songs, some of which didn’t properly rhyme 😂, constantly swearing, I doubt they even remember the game this morning, let alone the goals.

We did Holstein and Tenants Extra, they do Columbian Long Cut :shrug:

Strangely enough the more away games you do the more you get to recognise the faces that are off their tits.
In the Village Inn last night I recognised a couple and within 20 minutes they were shouting in the pub etc and took their pints out of the pub and up the hill.

Sadly that's the way of modern football theses days.
I was no angel in my younger days but it was purely ale and none of this Columbian marching powder.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

[MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] sometimes tells a story on here of a mid week away at Swindon which would have been late 80s or early 90s. I know we left Brighton early, drank on the train and in London and did a quick pub crawl round Swindon and we would have got some cans for the way home. He insists I climbed up into a luggage rack to have a sleep on the way home. I don't remember this, or the game but obviously I was being a dick and probably wasn't much fun to be near at the game. I was in my late teens or early twenties depending on when the game was and that much booze was a normal part of our away days. I've since grown up and drink less in general, though I can still have a serious session once or twice a year.

Had I been that age now I probably would have had a bump of coke to keep me drinking on the way back instead of falling asleep somewhere inappropriate. It would have been normal among my peers and that's what it's used for in general - as a stimulant to keep the snorter on the booze without crashing out.

These guys have replaced the full fry up, strippers pub and private coach with a drug that turns them into idiots. It's annoying for those of us that have grown out of it but it's still a day out with their mates just as it was for us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Like many, I dont have an issue with most of the 'more enthusiastic' away supporters but from my experience there are some absolute embarrasments who now follow the club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the old days you could just move away from groups of knobbeads. Big advantage of terracing and one that I often made use of. With reserved seating it’s not so easy. At Old Trafford a few weeks ago a group of teenagers hurled themselves down the rows after each of our goals. Totally contrived and deliberate. Luckily it was several seats to my left as I would struggle if they had landed on me. Not that they would give a shit I suppose.

I got trampled by our own fans at Selhurst Park when Barnes equalised. I cannot stand for the game nowadays and sat down the front after being helped by a steward. I was with another pensioner and keeping away from the numpties, but when the goal went in, some of them ran down the front, kicked and broke chairs two rows in front of me which were covered with netting, and falling over me. Thankfully a friend saw what was happening and came to stand in front of me. The stewards did nothing.
I rarely bother with away games now.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

There is banter and there is banter. These morons just can’t tell the difference. Constant hideous insults toward players and racial stereotyping. Even resorting to shouting you let your country down to Rashford and Sancho literally every time they touched the ball.

There is no humour. Just abuse and anger. It’s a real shame, you couldn’t possibly challenge them as they would just abuse you instead.

Sounds like we could have made use of your namesake last night :)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I watched a fair bit of Isthmian league last season and observed from standing behind the goal that opposition keepers would have to put up with near constant abuse from a fair number of idiots . Most popular
chant being " your effing shite " on repeat . Don't recall this from the old days at the Goldstone ( John Burridge excepted ) where the away keeper was usually given a round of applause from the North Stand .

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I got trampled by our own fans at Selhurst Park when Barnes equalised. I cannot stand for the game nowadays and sat down the front after being helped by a steward. I was with another pensioner and keeping away from the numpties, but when the goal went in, some of them ran down the front, kicked and broke chairs two rows in front of me which were covered with netting, and falling over me. Thankfully a friend saw what was happening and came to stand in front of me. The stewards did nothing.
I rarely bother with away games now.

Which is a real shame. My aunt and uncle stopped attending away games some time ago for similar reasons. Diehard Albion fans who took me to my first game at the Goldstone when I was 10 years old in 1976.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Chin up fella, hope things work themselves out for you.
More important than some dicks at football, Christ on a broken unicycle there has always been knobheads at football, drink, drugs, or neither, we had a paddle steamer that had to be turned back from Brighton to Southampton for an away game back in the 20s or 30s because of unruly behaviour by our supporters.

Bloody hell, how old are you ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I watched a fair bit of Isthmian league last season and observed from standing behind the goal that opposition keepers would have to put up with near constant abuse from a fair number of idiots . Most popular
chant being " your effing shite " on repeat . Don't recall this from the old days at the Goldstone ( John Burridge excepted ) where the away keeper was usually given a round of applause from the North Stand .

Every single away keeper still gets the "Youuuuuuu're SHIT!" treatment from the North Stand, up to and including Nick Pope t'other week. It's all panto (oh yes it is)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Peter Shilton took a fair bit of abuse about Tina, his lady friend….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here