Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small Claims Court

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
When you send the money claim on-line, don't forget to ask for a reference :thumbsup:

(Incidentally - I'm slightly confused. Exactly how "early" did you leave?).

I basically worked for them for 4 weeks when I had (verbally) agreed to work for 5 and they paid me for two. I have emails from the owner saying 'I will pay any outstanding monies' and 'I am a man of my word' etc but I'm still yet to be paid and it's coming up to 3 months since I took the job so I'm running out of time to even take it to court.

It's not even the money I'm bothered about it's the injustice of working for them for nothing that's annoying me plus the fact I must have made them a whole lot more than they owe me.

The bailiffs went round but they have no right of entry. He just refused to let them in. I got a letter back from the court saying that despite my winning the case, there was going to be no monies forthcoming.

I'd be very reluctant to use small claims again - it wasted a lot of time and I got nothing out of it

Then you could go for an attachment of earnings (garnishee) order against him or his bank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here