Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Slightly different new Star Wars trailer from Japan

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"I will fulfil OUR destiny" - Luke gone to the darkside ???
The complete lack of Luke on the posters and in the trailers has me suspecting this. And I LIKE the idea.
I hate the idea. The Emperor and Vader couldn't turn Luke. He watched his friends dying and chose death, I can't see how he'd then change in the future.

After all, there is a way of interpreting the end fight scene of RotJ to suggest he did indeed give in to his anger and complete his journey to the dark side.
That's not what happened. He was lying on the floor being electrocuted, saying 'father, pleeeease'. That's not completing a journey to the dark side.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I hate the idea. The Emperor and Vader couldn't turn Luke. He watched his friends dying and chose death, I can't see how he'd then change in the future.

That's not what happened. He was lying on the floor being electrocuted, saying 'father, pleeeease'. That's not completing a journey to the dark side.

But before that he rose to the Emperor's baiting and took his light-saber - he did give in to his anger / desperation. Yes, he ended up on the floor, but he did 'lose it' briefly.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The complete lack of Luke on the posters and in the trailers has me suspecting this. And I LIKE the idea.

Indeed that is the case

http://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ar-wars-the-force-awakens-absence-no-accident

There was also a link on Twitter posted by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] that went into the whole idea of Luke going to the dark side. At the time I didn't think it had any mileage and the bloke had too much time on his hands but clearly something is afoot. Personally, I hope Luke gets killed off within the first 15 minutes of the film - simply because Mark Hamill has had an empty diary for the past 20 years and must have been praying for episode 7 to be made giving it the full double fist pump as it comes into being. I'd love to be a fly on the wall as he reads the script and realises he gets murdered early doors. He then has the dawning realisation that its back to shaking hands with fan boys dressed up in Wookie costumes at saddo conventions for the remainder of his lifetime.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
simply because Mark Hamill has had an empty diary for the past 20 years and must have been praying for episode 7 to be made giving it the full double fist pump as it comes into being. I'd love to be a fly on the wall as he reads the script and realises he gets murdered early doors. He then has the dawning realisation that its back to shaking hands with fan boys dressed up in Wookie costumes at saddo conventions for the remainder of his lifetime.

That's not true. He has made the Joker role his own in animated series, movies, and video games. He is held in high esteem by comic book fans for this who cite him as the definitive Joker (above Heath Ledger and Caesar Romero). He has a lot of other voiceover credits in popular shows, and intersperses this with guest spots in TV shows including Criminal Minds and The Flash (reprising his role as the trickster from the nineties version of the show)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's not true. He has made the Joker role his own in animated series, movies, and video games. He is held in high esteem by comic book fans for this who cite him as the definitive Joker (above Heath Ledger and Caesar Romero). He has a lot of other voiceover credits in popular shows, and intersperses this with guest spots in TV shows including Criminal Minds and The Flash (reprising his role as the trickster from the nineties version of the show)

That's IMPOSSIBLE

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
"I will fulfil OUR destiny" - Luke gone to the darkside ???
0d737dd5f84e5acce788e55a4a7f1ed9.jpg

:)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But before that he rose to the Emperor's baiting and took his light-saber - he did give in to his anger / desperation. Yes, he ended up on the floor, but he did 'lose it' briefly.

He's gone recluse, Obi Wan and Yoda style. A deep meditative journey into the force. Remember he was only introduced to the force as a young adult and was still unable to control it as you say at the end of RotJ. He's going to be the one the new ones strong in the force will need to seek out like Luke had to when he found Yoda on Degobah.

That is my take anyway. And I am wrong quite a lot as it happens....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know what fear and anger leads to, but that doesn't mean that any jedi that's ever fearful or angry will suddenly go to the dark side. I'll be really annoyed if Luke turned - not because he's my hero or anything, but no one in SW ever faced so much pressure to turn and yet resisted.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He's gone recluse, Obi Wan and Yoda style. A deep meditative journey into the force. Remember he was only introduced to the force as a young adult and was still unable to control it as you say at the end of RotJ. He's going to be the one the new ones strong in the force will need to seek out like Luke had to when he found Yoda on Degobah.

That is my take anyway. And I am wrong quite a lot as it happens....

That's the way I see it as well - Kylo Ren may well be his nephew but I don't think Luke is helping him to the dark side. I would expect Luke to be a peripheral figure in THIS film.

I like the idea of Luke turning to The Dark Side, but I really don't think he will have done.

I just cannot wait to see this film.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here