Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sleaford Mods - Corn Exchange, Tonight

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I saw them at ATP Prestatyn last year. Or this year. I forget.

At the time I totally didn't get it. Two blokes, one of which seemed to be there to press play on a laptop and another asking if we "knew where the f**king shop" was. Bizarre,

But then I listened to one of their LPs and it actually grew on me. Don't think I can watch them live though.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I saw them at ATP Prestatyn last year. Or this year. I forget.

At the time I totally didn't get it. Two blokes, one of which seemed to be there to press play on a laptop and another asking if we "knew where the f**king shop" was. Bizarre,

But then I listened to one of their LPs and it actually grew on me. Don't think I can watch them live though.
Haha, sounds like a lyric from the opening tune 'Live Tonight' from their 'Key Markets' album. I really like the Mods but I have to say I won't be rushing back to see them live. I wasn't overly impressed last night.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Haha, sounds like a lyric from the opening tune 'Live Tonight' from their 'Key Markets' album. I really like the Mods but I have to say I won't be rushing back to see them live. I wasn't overly impressed last night.

did you see The Cravats?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I've seen them once before ... don't remember the bloke sitting reading the paper last time though : 0 )
Yeah that was weird. I liked their last number but apart from that it didn't do too much for me.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Chatted to them at the merchandise stall after their set. They were a last minute addition to the line up hence me missing them. They have been around for years and last time I saw them was at Edge Of The Sea. They are doing quite a few more support slots pre Christmas. I like them.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Seen this he sleaford mods a couple of times, I think they are great but although I will buy there stuff won't be going to see them again. Now the Cravats brilliant band and for you older punks like me had a single on the Crass lable in the early 80s now re-formed and back with a bang and great live. You can quite often see them around the Brighton area as well.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Seen this he sleaford mods a couple of times, I think they are great but although I will buy there stuff won't be going to see them again. Now the Cravats brilliant band and for you older punks like me had a single on the Crass lable in the early 80s now re-formed and back with a bang and great live. You can quite often see them around the Brighton area as well.

The lead singer of The Cravats lives or did live in Saltdean.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Cravats supporting Lydia Lunch at Komeida in Decemeber. Not to be missed.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The lead singer of The Cravats lives or did live in Saltdean.

I think he still does as are most of the band. Certainly, the guitarist is in Brighton.

When the cravats finished, the singer started a band called the Very Things. They were excellent. I remember seeing them at the Zap in around '86.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I think he still does as are most of the band. Certainly, the guitarist is in Brighton.

When the cravats finished, the singer started a band called the Very Things. They were excellent. I remember seeing them at the Zap in around '86.

I have some kind of compilation album by The Very Things and I have a very vivid memory of being in my early teens and hearing John Peel playing The Land of the Giants by The Cravats and thinking it was hilarious. Must give that a spin for the first time in 30 years later....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here