Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slaughter and the dogs

Used to know them when I worked in a record shop on the civic in Wythenshawe along with a buch of their red skin friends. Spenner, Slim and a couple of others. Rossi used to come tino the shop every week and listen to records with us.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Love them, Live at the Factory is the live one I have, as well as DIDS and an album called "Punk Singles Collection" which I got in that shop in North Street a few years ago. It's got 25 tracks on it, including acoustic versions of Since You Went Away, Situations, I'm Mad and You're a Bore. Do you know if they still play live?

Yes they do.
Played rebellion last IIRC

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There's a good reference to Slaughter and the Dogs in the superb "Awaydays" novel by Kevin Samson.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Good grief! Please don't say Slaughter and the dogs are still going. They were total shyte thirty five years ago and are highly unlikely to have become any less so. You'll be telling us next that ninety year old Charlie Harper and the UK Subs or that untalented poet bloke from Southwick are still going. Sake! You were never supposed to make a CAREER out of it :moo:

I like that some of the old punk bands are still going, I put 999 on at Reflexions (Lewes Road, later became the Stream Inn and then got closed down, it's now the chaplaincy building for Brighton Uni I think), they were awesome and still pulled enough people for me to make a decent profit.

Good grief! Please don't say Slaughter and the dogs are still going. They were total shyte thirty five years ago and are highly unlikely to have become any less so. You'll be telling us next that ninety year old Charlie Harper and the UK Subs or that untalented poet bloke from Southwick are still going. Sake! You were never supposed to make a CAREER out of it :moo:
Well, the Subs were still going last year http://steveignorant.co.uk/2012/07/uk-subs-in-norwich-7th-july-2012/#popular and were visited by that former member of CRASS, now a volunteer lifeboatman, Steve Ignorant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here