Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

slagging off players on nsc.

herman gelmet

Not the tosser
Jan 20, 2008
worthing
Still quite new to this nsc lark but since I've been registered & a while lurking.I've noticed a real dislike to some of our players & even Dean wilkins. So I ask. What on earth does Kuipers have to do to convince some posters he is as good as most keepers in this division? All keepers make mistakes occasionally.
Do you think there is any manager who could have done more than deano with this squad & conditions?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Herman - it's what happens when we lose. The usual suspects come out with the usual guff and bollocks.

You'r quite right about FDM (surely a contender for player of the season?) and Deano. Keep the faith and there's a fair few of us that actually support the manager and the team.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Welcome to someone that talks sense - what else could Dean have done with what he had on the pitch - nothing - people need to have a good look at the injures and suspensions - at the end of the day no disrespect to butters but he is too old to do 90mins in defense but as our squad is so depleted there was nothing Dean Wilkins could do - it is unfortunate but i think Dean does a terrific job with what he has and he is given - these things happen in football - we did it to Hartlepool remember

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So far this weekend I have seen the following slagged off:

- Pretty much the whole squad
- Dean Wilkins
- Dick Knight
- Ian Hart
- The phone in
- 2 die hards
- NSC itself

I think NSC might be about to disappear up it's own arsehole and I am beginning to think it would be a very good thing.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Kuipers is a good keeper for the Football League.

Dean Wilkins is a passable youth team trainer promoted beyond his ability.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Kuipers is a good keeper for the Football League.

Dean Wilkins is a passable youth team trainer

Passable, as in highly thought of and relatively successful?

....promoted beyond his ability.

Whilst a managers job is measured on results, I do think circumstances are not helping Dean. We managed to turn things around a little, last season, when he was able to bring some new players in andwe nose dived when we lost key players to injury.

Things were looking bright this season and we were tough to beat. Unfortunately, having to rely heavily on the loan market we lost some key players and that unsettled the balance. Last season and this season was always going to be about treading water. He is not perfect, but we are not a perfect club. There are more positives than negatives from the Dean Wilkins reign. Patience is a virtue.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
yeah, some people need to lay off the likes of Wilkins and Martot

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I agree that Kuipers has performed well this season despite the error prone defence.
When you consider the general standard of the players in our squad Wilkins did wonders to get us in a decent position before Christmas then DK decides to make a profit by letting players go and replacing them with lesser talented ones,no doubt he is scouring the Conference so that further players can be released.

Still quite new to this nsc lark but since I've been registered & a while lurking.I've noticed a real dislike to some of our players & even Dean wilkins. So I ask. What on earth does Kuipers have to do to convince some posters he is as good as most keepers in this division? All keepers make mistakes occasionally.
Do you think there is any manager who could have done more than deano with this squad & conditions?

Hermie, if you just read NMH posts, you will get true perspective and a balanced view of things, unbiased and without histrionics or toys flying out of the pram.
You have to be aware though, that this forum is for fans to express their moans and whinges, weird opinions and wank statements - so players might be better off letting it run like water off a duck's back. Just look at Mr BUMMERS for a fine egg sample.

Stick with my posts mate, and you'll be alright. :thumbsup:

p.s. I all agree, Michel Kuipers is MAGIC, and his curly kid is cute as a button too :cute:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
As long as NSC is here and the team suffers the odd defeat, there will always be people who slag the players and the management off.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Welcome.

The first thing to note is that a lot of the posters on here don't watch the Albion play.

From what I see Mona though ıt's the ones who go to games who are the worst. Too far away to go to any games but personally think Deano is doing quite well and although I don't rate Kuipers that much when I have seen him ( was at Northampton and he looked VERY ordinary... except for wanting to punch THE ANIMAL's lights out!)) he's enough for us in this division.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
.... the more intellectual types such as myself :

:thud:

...... ''ere.. you know that former Dutch Marine shows a degree of angst in his latest save. Notice the allegorical reference to a swallow dive and did I detect a ABAB pattern to the stanzas he elucidated to Mr El Abd at Sixfields? More pastoral than metaphysical one suspects..... innit. Pass me a fag!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
With Kuipers - he is brilliant, as long as he doesn't have to think about it. His shot stopping abilities from very close up are second to none, but what lets him down is when he has to come off his line, that's when he looks very worrying! As to his kicking - well, it's certainly better than when he first got here!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I agree wholeheartedly with the comments about FDM made by TCB, I don't think the man gets enough credit for his achievement with the club, he must stay for next season and get the number 1 jersey. A number of attempts to find a better keeper than him have failed and he has continued to up his game to keep his position in the team, testament to his determination and character.

Just one point, if no keeper ever made an error there would be very few goals and football would be a pretty dull game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here