Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade - Quiet but Effective

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
In the transfer market, lets move away from how the newbies will perform and look at how they came to sign. The Argus and us on here had no idea over Croft, Tunnicliffe or Wright only Dicker which lets face it was obvious. All the players we've been linked with has never been confirmed by Slade and none of them have signed. He is just doing the business professionally, and that is not only commendable but about time after years of, "we went for this player but he signed for someone else" etc etc. Top work Russ long may it continue... :clap:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It just goes to show all those on here who claim they have sources at the club regarding future signings know f*** all.

brightonmad999

Jan 31, 2008
shoreham
i feel the same pishhead i wish they wouldnt say anything about players and wait untill we sign and it down to slade who he wants to make us successful and it not down to us who we want

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RS is playing his cards close to his chest , he doesn't want potential signings to be slagged off on NSC before they are putting pen to paper.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i think he is also doing it so as not to alert others to potential targets, i always got the impression with past managers that our targets came about because we had been alerted to them as a result of other clubs interest. its a refreshing change.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
It just goes to show all those on here who claim they have sources at the club regarding future signings know f*** all.

Yeah i onlycame back on here over the summer to get the gossip on who we were signing, and so far thats all its been, gossip. Your rubbish and should be ashamed! :rant:

Seriously though the Bald Genious does seem to be doing a very effective job the right way, privately. :clap:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I will wait to see how they perform before hailing Slade as a genius.

Plenty of people (not me...) thought Hawkins and McLeod were genuinely brilliant signings. And Steve Thomson.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't most of the "we've just missed out on signing...." down to Dick Knight rather than the managers?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...is the Falmer effect starting to kick-in?...if not, when will it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
...is the Falmer effect starting to kick-in?...if not, when will it?

When the structure of the stadium is obvious, at the moment, as a layman, you need a pretty vivid imagination.

To be able to show a potential signing what is obviously a stadium in construction is when it will really kick in imo.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I will wait to see how they perform before hailing Slade as a genius.

Plenty of people (not me...) thought Hawkins and McLeod were genuinely brilliant signings. And Steve Thomson.

Richie i said at the start to disregard their potential performances, and just look at the professionalism that the club is adopting in the transfer market these days. (i think i may have been one of those McLeod and Thompson fans) However Hawkins always worried me, how you can call someone an experienced centre back who at 30 years of age has made under 100 league appearances is beyond me.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
In the transfer market, lets move away from how the newbies will perform and look at how they came to sign. The Argus and us on here had no idea over Croft, Tunnicliffe or Wright only Dicker which lets face it was obvious. All the players we've been linked with has never been confirmed by Slade and none of them have signed. He is just doing the business professionally, and that is not only commendable but about time after years of, "we went for this player but he signed for someone else" etc etc. Top work Russ long may it continue... :clap:

To be fair it was always Gobshite Knight spouting off about we are after this player and that and then when we didnt get any a big list of nearly men.

Hopefully this is a sign of a far less egotistical and more professional management of the club from top down.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
RS is playing his cards close to his chest , he doesn't want potential signings to be slagged off on NSC before they are putting pen to paper.

Yep knowing Sladey, Im sure thats the sole reason for him doing things on the QT, dont you?
I think we might be flattering ourselves if we think RS bothers to come here IMHO.

Truly blessed.

He has no hair, we don't care, Russell,Russell,Slade. :albion2::ascarf::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here