Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade calls Hart "A diamond"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd written of Hart as well.
But quite frankly, I've come to the belated conclusion that I'd far rather have a guy like him in the side than the neverending series of fucktards we've had here on loan who have achieved the square route of f*** all this season. Yes he's limited. Yes his best years are behind him. But Gary Hart would run through a brick wall for this club, and in a KHAZI division like this, that gets you a long way.

I've seen him do that. It's quite a party piece.

Might explain his long-standing injuries.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Hart was awesome today, worked his socks off and was knackered when taken off. Cox had his best 45 mins I have even seen him play and the rest were solid. Good subs, good timing, even bringing on El-Abd was deemed ok, when we were wining, not 3-1 done. All in all a very good second half today as good as I have seen us play all season, great effort, but yeah ...........O Gary Hart.........

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
In a game like today, it was our attack that made a big difference on proceedings. The first combination of Owusu and Hart seemed to be working well after half time, they were holding up the ball well and generally were a handful for the Colchester back four. Owusu scored a goal that we had more than deserved, and then Slade was spot on to bring on the pace Calvin and Davies who tore apart the Col U defence and should have put us further in the lead.

OGH is an Albion legend, and I'm very pleased that he's broken back into the team and on the last few performances, deservedly so! I certainly think there's more to come from him aswell, and who knows? If we do go down to League 2, would he be worth another year?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I love Gary Hart, although I wouldn't go too overboard with his performance today. It was a solid performance, the usual 100% stuff, and he did get chopped down for the free kick that lead to the goal, but he wasn't amazing.

Let's not get carried away. Still, brilliant to see him back and doing well.

Harty :clap:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think he has just booked himself into the 1st team for the remainder of the season... Surely ??

On today's performance, and with Murray and Forster still injured, I totally agree.

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
Its that time of year when he needs to earn a contract - he always puts more effort in - he did the same last year - Dean did the right thing getting rid and then Micky brought him back - well it gave Dick Knight a little more team selection i suppose

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Its that time of year when he needs to earn a contract - he always puts more effort in - he did the same last year - Dean did the right thing getting rid and then Micky brought him back - well it gave Dick Knight a little more team selection i suppose

He has been injured for much of the season, Debs.

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
He has been injured for much of the season, Debs.

Not the wife mate - she only used my user name because of all the unnessary shit she got of certain people - I haven't been on here for ages - she just uses her own now - she couldn't give a shit what people think anymore - she DOES tell the truth and it WILL come out eventually - some of it is now - Dick Knight picking the teams ! Its been going on for ages - we could have saved ourselves a fortune with managers!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Not the wife mate - she only used my user name because of all the unnessary shit she got of certain people - I haven't been on here for ages - she just uses her own now - she couldn't give a shit what people think anymore - she DOES tell the truth and it WILL come out eventually - some of it is now - Dick Knight picking the teams ! Its been going on for ages - we could have saved ourselves a fortune with managers!!

Sounds like she's channeling her evil thoughts through you, quite honestly. Either that - or you're even more deluded than she is. Surely not? :eek:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sounds like she's channeling her evil thoughts through you, quite honestly. Either that - or you're even more deluded than she is. Surely not? :eek:

F**k me, it must be a bundle of laughs in the Debs / Deano household... :ohmy:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Every time he plays he always gives 110% and looks a real threat in front of goal. Can never understand why he doesn't start more games!? Always likely to nick a goal or an assist...

A real threat who has not registered a shot on target in the last two appearances?

Granted, he played well yesterday but I think we show more threat with Davies playing. With Hart and Owusu upfront there is not enough pace to really trouble teams.

Keep him involved because he is playing reasonably well by all means, but DON'T dish out another contract on the back of two or three average games.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think Gary Hart is such an asset to this club, 100% effort every time. He has looked fantastic in the reserves since getting back from injury.

Brilliant to see him start and get that momentum back into the first team, best of all hearing the away stand sing OGH loud and in unison yesterday lifted the spirts.

Like to add swapping over the strike force at he end Owusu/Hart for Davies/Andrews worked a treat and kept the pressure on Colchester.

New contract for Hart he still has years of running in him and is great role model for the kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here