Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Slade at the Goldstone

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My first thought when I saw this thread title was "not again, surely? ???"

Edit I was in the South Stand at that game and we could hear bugger all. Slade had become wankers by then. This is what they once were:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Was there on the West terrace that afternoon , don't remember the opposition , unfortunately only ever made it up into the seats for a Senior cup final .
Met the Drummer Don Powell at the Preston Park Hotel late 90's where his then wife was the manager .

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
This is where my avatar comes from, I have a photo at home:

Slade.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought Russell was in charge a few years after the ground got sold...

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
I was there in South Stand ( and for Dave Bedford too). I seem to remember them being greeted with a chant of 'Who the f*** are you' from the North Stand when they came onto the pitch.
I was also there for Norman Wisdom performing his rendition of GOSBTS, cartwheeling around the centre circle.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was there in South Stand ( and for Dave Bedford too). I seem to remember them being greeted with a chant of 'Who the f*** are you' from the North Stand when they came onto the pitch.
I was also there for Norman Wisdom performing his rendition of GOSBTS, cartwheeling around the centre circle.
In fairness, had it not been for a quick peep at Wiki, I wouldn't have known who the f***ing hell he was either.

I remember Eubank punching at imaginary flies in front of the North Stand.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Until I saw them at the Monsters of Rock festival a few years later, it was the only time I’d seen Slade “live”. They were my favourite band (after T Rex) in my teens.
Loved the fact that they recorded the video at the Goldstone and was in the North Stand that day. Shame the single bombed. I quite liked it.
As someone else said, they are / were brilliant live. Started the MoR set by throwing bog rolls at the crowd!

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
I remember when they were a skinhead band, they released a single titled The Shape of Things to Come. It was on the Polydor label if my memory serves me well, had it my collection for a long time. Then my mate Rik at Across The Tracks in Brighton decided he wanted it so the record went his way and 50 quid came my way which was the going rate about twenty years ago, what its worth now i dread to know. Anyway its a cracking song well worth a listen.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was on the East. 100% they were geeted with 'Who the f*** are you' and during the song the chanting wasn't good.
Also there for Bedford but Wisdom was before my time.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
I saw Slade at Reading in 1980 when they were the very much unwanted replacement for Ozzy Osborne. It took them less than 2 songs to turn around a very hostile crowd, absolutely magic live.
I woz there too. Frigging amazing performance and up there with the best live performances I've seen.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was there in the West in the seats with my dad and possibly brother. I remember it well, dad wasn't impressed and said something like 'What is this rubbish?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here