Slade at Barnsley?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Think he with stay at Orient although that may depend on whether Hearnia will put his hand in his pocket, he should do after the cup run. Robins left Barnsley as clearly he wasn't happy with the funds at his disposal. Actually Hearn would love Barnsley to go after Slade just so that he could sue them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He will go in my opinion, how many offers of Championship football management is he likely to get ?...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Allegedly been told he has a £2m transfer kitty at Barnsley

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As long as Barnsley come up with suitable compensation he'll be off. I know it's Barnsley, but there are nice places to live not that far away, and Slade isn't going to get many other Championship offers in his lifetime.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That'll be one relegation spot filled then, watford probably one other, looks like palace might survive for a third year.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No. Not Noddy Holder. Our Russell. Will we be seeing him at the Amex sooner than expected - as it seems he's being chased as a replacement for Mark Robins?

BBC Sport - Orient reject Barnsley approach for manager Slade

We certainly signed some decent players whilst Russel Slade was in charge and Dean Cox has one of the best assists records in League One.

Now exactly where is Barnsley? Somewhere up north. Top Yorkshire Club? When did the mines close?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That'll be one relegation spot filled then, watford probably one other, looks like palace might survive for a third year.

He's an excellent manager and bought in many of our better players. Successful at Yeovil, massively successful in Brighton to keep us up (and don't forget it), early season slump in form (but had booker and white imposed upon him and a new team).... Slade was Knights man, and Bloom wanted his own man, Slade would've turned it around imho (even though nobody would swap him for Gus).

He then goes and does Great Escape again with unfashionable Orient before finishing 7th on a shoestring budget.

He's a very good manager and he deserves his shot. barnsley are a much bigger club so why not. Good luck super Russ. albion legend. (i'll never forgot that great escape)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A thread that I like Candles should be all over and he's gone missing again. For what it's worth I think Slade should go to Barnsley, he has an eye for a decent player and as has already been said he was saddled with White and Booker when he was here. He's done an excellent job at L'il Orient.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
A thread that I like Candles should be all over and he's gone missing again. For what it's worth I think Slade should go to Barnsley, he has an eye for a decent player and as has already been said he was saddled with White and Booker when he was here. He's done an excellent job at L'il Orient.

err you were saying???

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I think if Russell wants the job at Barnsley then it's bye-bye East London hello South Yorkshire. He's a top bloke IMO and deserves a shot in a higher division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports