Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SkyGo on the TV?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I can't see how they could block a pc using HDMI outputs as more and more monitors (especially the 4k types) require the pc connected via HDMI and I honestly can't see how sky could detect where the output is being streamed to. If they have blocked it then use a streamer (like splash top streamer) to display the screen from one computer onto one connected to your tv.

I recently got sky and was getting phone calls asking why I had not activated my free 2 month trial of Sky Go. When I told them I would only use it on my iPad and as that is jailbroken Sky have deemed I'm not allowed to have sky go on it. I asked why (the reason is because once jailbroken you can hook the output up to a TV apparently) and none of the sales advisors could give an answer

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is as good a place as any, for my old man ramblings.

Chances are I'm the only person in the country to avoid newfangled TV, but just in case there are others I'm a Netflix newbie and loving it.

Netflix has been ignored on my near obsolete PS3 for years.
I finally signed up for a free trial at the weekend and it's fan-bloomin-tastic.

So if you're ignoring the 21st century, my advise is don't, dive right in, it's lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here