Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skyfall question

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
12A certificate but Mrs P wishes to take the lesser P's (9 and 10) to see it. How suitable is it?
Right on the borderline, a young 9 then no.

If they have lived!, then you might just get away with it.

There's no scene like the naked chair of CR, but still plenty of stuff going on to make it a long way from PG.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
There were loads of kids when I saw it on Saturday. However, if I had kids I don't think I would want them seeing it until they were a bit older.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My question is could they sit still for nearly 3 hrs (when you throw in ads and trailers) without wanting to go to the toilet etc etc if they cant then my answer would be no.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'a a real bug bear of mine.
I wish the BFI hadn't wimped out.

You shouldn't need a booster seat for a film above PG.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you dont mind your kids hearing Judi Dench use the F word then go for it...
I seriously can't go THERE on the other thread!

D

Deleted member 18477

if they can sit still take them yea! its a quality film. if not buy it on dvd for them next year!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
12A certificate but Mrs P wishes to take the lesser P's (9 and 10) to see it. How suitable is it?

I've not seen Skyfall yet but if the level of violence is similar to CR and QoS there's no way I would let my children see it until they are 12.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Lots of action, a bit of swearing and the usual bond kicking people butt's. no torturous scenes but you do see bond shoot bad guys and people dying, I personally wouldn't take a nine year old to see it

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
One of my earliest cinema going memories is going to see Bond at the ABC with my dad and I was no older than eight or nine - I was reminiscing to my wife in the cinema yesterday about how they used to play Bond music (particularly John Barry's brilliant On Her Majesty's Secret Service) to get you in the mood before all the ads for Choys restaurant and for that hotdog that looked like a big brown cock.

Anyway, point is that I'd see it as almost cruel to deny any child with enough patience to go and see such a brilliant Bond film as Skyfall.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm going to see it and I hope Bond doesn't swear in it......... I mean he wouldn't would he ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here