Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SKY TV are robbing their own customers.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Not one to whinge on but this has just pissed me off so much I have got to post it. Talk about a great way to treat your customers.

I YoYo with Sky Sports, I tend to sign up for a while, get bored with it and downgrade again. I've been doing it for years. However at the start of the season I thought I'd give it another go and went online and upgraded at the click of a button. Within 10 mins I was watching 'OZ Aerobics' erm I meant Goals on Sunday sorry slip of the fingers.

Anyway bored with it now and thought I'd downgrade. Went online and found that the only way to do it is to ring a premium rate number. Absolutely no other way, I went online chat with sky advisers who told me there was absolutely no way he could do it for me and he agreed it was embarrassing.

I then made an online complaint as I was not going to ring the number no matter what. I told them in the complaint to downgrade me or cancel my whole subscription. 2 days later I received an email saying that my wish had been granted.

Just thought I would share my disgust and sorry to rant.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
What's the number? I'm sure you know (but I'll tell people who don't ) you can bypass the 0870 numbers.

Call a Sky agent on 08442 410 266

BT customers pay 5.1p/min and 13.1p connection.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
It's not a Premium Rate number, just a non-geographic number - which means it doesn't get included in any inclusive plans.
I suggest you bookmark saynoto0870.com - I've used it many a time to get a geographic equivalent of a non-geographic number.
For the record, Sky Customer Services are on 02071267020 - I just used the number a few days ago to downgrade my own service.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
It's not a Premium Rate number, just a non-geographic number - which means it doesn't get included in any inclusive plans.
I suggest you bookmark saynoto0870.com - I've used it many a time to get a geographic equivalent of a non-geographic number.
For the record, Sky Customer Services are on 02071267020 - I just used the number a few days ago to downgrade my own service.

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to add to the discussion. I note your comments and do not disagree however my point is why is it free to upgrade and costly to downgrade. Nothing more than profiteering in my book.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Firstly many thanks for taking the time to add to the discussion. I note your comments and do not disagree however my point is why is it free to upgrade and costly to downgrade. Nothing more than profiteering in my book.

It's SKY ! And you're surprised why ? Best thing I ever did TV wise was move from Sky to Virgin.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Personally, I'm with you on this: if we can UPGRADE online, we should be able to DOWNGRADE online.
However, I do see Sky's reasoning for wanting you to call them for a downgrade or to leave: it gives them a chance to offer you a special discount to keep you as a customer (or keep you subscribing to Premium services). Having been with Sky since they first went Digital, they seem more than happy to keep giving me offers to take extra services. I've never paid full-price for Movies or Sport. Each time I call to downgrade at the end of an offer period, they either offer me an extended offer there and then, or they call me back a few weeks later with another offer, or another online offer becomes available soon enough (just keep checking the "My Offers" section of My Sky).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Call a Sky agent on 08442 410 266

BT customers pay 5.1p/min and 13.1p connection.

sorry, are you complaining about paying for a 5p a minute call, as a premium ???

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You really haven't cottoned onto this "lets rip off the public for all its worth" thing properly yet.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
sorry, are you complaining about paying for a 5p a minute call, as a premium ???

No I am complaining about the fact that it is free to upgrade and costs to downgrade. It may only cost me 50p to call them (big whoop) but you times that by 5000 and tell me they are not on the make (BIG WHOOP).

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Not one to whinge on but this has just pissed me off so much I have got to post it. Talk about a great way to treat your customers.

I YoYo with Sky Sports, I tend to sign up for a while, get bored with it and downgrade again. I've been doing it for years. However at the start of the season I thought I'd give it another go and went online and upgraded at the click of a button. Within 10 mins I was watching 'OZ Aerobics' erm I meant Goals on Sunday sorry slip of the fingers.

Anyway bored with it now and thought I'd downgrade. Went online and found that the only way to do it is to ring a premium rate number. Absolutely no other way, I went online chat with sky advisers who told me there was absolutely no way he could do it for me and he agreed it was embarrassing.

I then made an online complaint as I was not going to ring the number no matter what. I told them in the complaint to downgrade me or cancel my whole subscription. 2 days later I received an email saying that my wish had been granted.

Just thought I would share my disgust and sorry to rant.

The keyboard monkey you had a chat with is a wrong un.

http://help.sky.com/my-account/billing/remove-a-package-or-cancel-your-subscription

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
No I am complaining about the fact that it is free to upgrade and costs to downgrade. It may only cost me 50p to call them (big whoop) but you times that by 5000 and tell me they are not on the make (BIG WHOOP).

I take it you dont have sky phone then? 08442 numbers are free.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Phone up from work :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All companies do it....I wanted to review my utility package with Scottish Power recently ...free fone number for new customers 0845 for existing...I just rang the free fone one and demanded they put me through...no problem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here