Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SKY Sunday Supplement

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
I think this team will respond well to being favourites. It is packed full of experienced and ex-international players who should be used to this status and gain confidence from it.

Believe!!

:albion2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I can fully understand why we are favourites according to neutrals. While I think the play offs are very random and anyone can win them, the bookies and pundits have to have a favourite. Given we have the best form, best defensive record and Ulloa is one of the form strikers in the league (probably along with Deeney who is suspended for Watford's first game), it is logical.

However, I don't regard us as favourites. There are too many variables. If it wasn't for playing Palace, I would be reasonably relaxed about the play offs and say winning them would be amazing but we've had a great season whatever happens (while obviously being desperate to win them).

However, the thought of losing to Palace is awful and makes the tension horrendous. Over 180 minutes (or 210 minutes and penalties) it could come down to a refereeing decision, a mistake, a piece of brilliance and is impossible to predict. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive until Friday let along at the actual games.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Not sure I like being favourites. I fully expected us to lose to Palace at the Amex in March, which made victory all the sweeter. This week is going to be horrible.

It's just a word, it doesn't mean that anything is more or less likely to happen than it already was.
The current odds suggest that our chance of going up is approximately 28pc, ie. 3pc better than it would be if they just drew lots. For Palace, it is around 20pc, or 5pc *worse* than it would be at random.
I struggle to understand why anyone wouldn't want to be the favourite. Give me a 28pc chance over a 20pc chance any time.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Every member of the panel said Brighton will make the play-off final and are most likely to go up...

They believe! Do we dare...?

I know, I know. If you're a neutral, looking at the current form of the two clubs, making us favourites is the only logical outcome. No sane judge would pick Palace, not over two legs. I HATE it! I much prefer it when we're the plucky underdogs like we will be in the Final, and of course all of next season when we're in the Prem. (See? Even I think we'll win!)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's just a word, it doesn't mean that anything is more or less likely to happen than it already was.
The current odds suggest that our chance of going up is approximately 28pc, ie. 3pc better than it would be if they just drew lots. For Palace, it is around 20pc, or 5pc *worse* than it would be at random.
I struggle to understand why anyone wouldn't want to be the favourite. Give me a 28pc chance over a 20pc chance any time.
You are of course correct. But it still doesn't feel right!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
If we believe we are good enough for the Prem, which I actually think we are, then we must expect to be favourites. We should fear nobody as we have a very competent team and we should go into these play off matches with confidence. We have a great mixture of quality and experience which is finally gelling at the right time and if I was a neutral on the sidelines I would not be betting against the Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here