Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky sports: Villa interested in Biss

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wouldnt mind most of those things...

I dont think it would be a disaster if he leaves and would understand if the club accepts a big offer but I'd really want him to finish this season just to get that mythical top 10 spot.

Were Brighton, we won't get top ten, it is a pipe dream, we implode, probably starting bloody Friday night more than likely.....

See, See what you have done, you have sublimely made me pessimistic :lolol:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's sad to think that we might not see Yves Bissouma ever play in a Brighton shirt again.

And with Mali winning today it must put them in a good position to extend their stay in Cameroon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The DT’s Sam Wallace published this, this evening.

“Aston Villa are looking at Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Yves Bissouma as a potential solution in their search for a defensive midfielder, with the price potentially as high as £40 million.

The 25 year-old has emerged as one of the outstanding players in Graham Potter’s side and is under consideration by other Premier League clubs, including Manchester United, as a potential summer signing. Out of contract in the summer of next year, Bissouma has shown no indication that he will renew his deal with Brighton and Villa are looking to make their move in the current transfer window.

Any deal would be complicated by Bissouma’s participation with Mali in the Africa Cup of Nations currently. The midfielder fits the bill for Villa who have long felt that there is a weakness in the centre of their midfield where they lack a ball-winner who could give the necessary support to new signing Philippe Coutinho as well as the likes of John McGinn, Emi Buendia and Jacob Ramsey. Marvelous Nakamba, arguably their best player in that position, is out for 10 weeks with injury.

Potter has said this month that the club are “comfortable” with the Bissouma contract situation and that his future will be addressed when he returns from Afcon. There are no plans to sell this window but that situation may be dictated by price if the player is not prepared to commit his future.

Villa have demonstrated in the signings of Buendia, Danny Ings and Coutinho on loan, as well as the appointment of Steven Gerrard as manager in November, that they are prepared to pay the fees and compensation clauses to get their targets”.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

“Aston Villa are looking at Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Yves Bissouma as a potential solution in their search for a defensive midfielder, with the price potentially as high as £40 million.

The 25 year-old has emerged as one of the outstanding players in Graham Potter’s side and is under consideration by other Premier League clubs, including Manchester United, as a potential summer signing. Out of contract in the summer of next year, Bissouma has shown no indication that he will renew his deal with Brighton and Villa are looking to make their move in the current transfer window.

Any deal would be complicated by Bissouma’s participation with Mali in the Africa Cup of Nations currently. The midfielder fits the bill for Villa who have long felt that there is a weakness in the centre of their midfield where they lack a ball-winner who could give the necessary support to new signing Philippe Coutinho as well as the likes of John McGinn, Emi Buendia and Jacob Ramsey. Marvelous Nakamba, arguably their best player in that position, is out for 10 weeks with injury.

Potter has said this month that the club are “comfortable” with the Bissouma contract situation and that his future will be addressed when he returns from Afcon. There are no plans to sell this window but that situation may be dictated by price if the player is not prepared to commit his future.

Villa have demonstrated in the signings of Buendia, Danny Ings and Coutinho on loan, as well as the appointment of Steven Gerrard as manager in November, that they are prepared to pay the fees and compensation clauses to get their targets”.

He’s not going anywhere in this window for 40m. And even though he will only have one season left on his contract, I can’t imagine that the big clubs will just stand by in the summer and let one of their rivals pick him up for a knock-down price either.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
1. Persistent rumours
2. Starting on the bench for his NT, something that sometimes happens if a player has his mind elsewhere
3. Caicedo recalled

I'm starting to get a little bit worried.

Regarding concern number 3, bear in mind that we’ve loaned our Richards, Connolly and probably Roberts, and Locadia has been moved on. All 4 of those players were used at times during the first half of the season, so the squad will need a bit of back up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I would be disappointed (and a bit surprised) if we let him go for £40M - just a lazy reporter still living with the now pre-historic 'Brighton are a little club who will be grateful to sell one of their players to a big club' myth.

£50M, and I think the Albion would give it serious consideration.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s not going anywhere in this window for 40m. And even though he will only have one season left on his contract, I can’t imagine that the big clubs will just stand by in the summer and let one of their rivals pick him up for a knock-down price either.

Hope so, for us and his career.

Imho Biss deserves to play CL, entering his peak years as a footballer, I’d hate to see him languish during those years at a club hovering around Europa League spots.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would be disappointed (and a bit surprised) if we let him go for £40M - just a lazy reporter still living with the now pre-historic 'Brighton are a little club who will be grateful to sell one of their players to a big club' myth.

£50M, and I think the Albion would give it serious consideration.

The problem is with just 17 months left on his contract …. it affects the transfer fee.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The problem is with just 17 months left on his contract …. it affects the transfer fee.

It still doesn't reduce his price to £40M though - and it won't affect it much if a). there is a bidding war, or b). a club wants him a lot, but we take the line that we're happy to just keep him as a Brighton player until his contract runs out - in other words there's no wriggle room on our price if they really want him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It still doesn't reduce his price to £40M though - and it won't affect it much if a). there is a bidding war, or b). a club wants him a lot, but we take the line that we're happy to just keep him as a Brighton player until his contract runs out - in other words there's no wriggle room on our price if they really want him.

It usually has an effect, unless there’s a bidding war.

The selling club, unless owned by a petro state, want to extra value.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Any deal would be complicated by Bissouma’s participation with Mali in the Africa Cup of Nations currently. The midfielder fits the bill for Villa who have long felt that there is a weakness in the centre of their midfield where they lack a ball-winner who could give the necessary support to new signing Philippe Coutinho as well as the likes of John isMcGinn, Emi Buendia and Jacob Ramsey. Marvelous Nakamba, arguably their best player in that position, is out for 10 weeks with injury.

Absolutely nothing here that you couldn’t write from reading other papers or websites. I know Sam and I have no reason to believe that he has any particular insight into the Albion or how much the club would be willing to sell Bissouma for. And no mention of that, er, off-field business. Nothing to see here, folks.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It usually has an effect, unless there’s a bidding war.

The selling club, unless owned by a petro state, want to extra value.

Less of an effect when there’s at least half a dozen clubs with the means to pay a big fee who’d like to sign him. Boot on other foot: Brereton Diaz only has 17 months on his contract, but we’d be deluded to think that we’re going to get him for a bargain price when there are so many PL clubs like us interested.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely nothing here that you couldn’t write from reading other papers or websites. I know Sam and I have no reason to believe that he has any particular insight into the Albion or how much the club would be willing to sell Bissouma for. And no mention of that, er, off-field business. Nothing to see here, folks.

At least with Sam you know it’s based on reliable sauces.

I tend to ignore the tabloid ‘writers’.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Less of an effect when there’s at least half a dozen clubs with the means to pay a big fee who’d like to sign him. Boot on other foot: Brereton Diaz only has 17 months on his contract, but we’d be deluded to think that we’re going to get him for a bargain price when there are so many PL clubs like us interested.

I think the selling club start to concern themselves by that penultimate summer, that the player decides to take total control of the situation and for the sake of an extra 12 months leave on a free.

The selling club recoup zero, the foregone £40m not worth an EPL season’s worth of appearances.

Whilst the player gets a colossal, virtually name that figure, signing on fee.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Anyone that was at Everton and saw his body language at full time? I noticed it and it wasn’t the usual Biss dancing on the pitch etc.. he looked almost sad! Did he know that maybe his last performance for us?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
“....Any deal would be complicated by Bissouma’s participation with Mali in the Africa Cup of Nations currently. The midfielder fits the bill for Villa who have long felt that there is a weakness in the centre of their midfield where they lack a ball-winner who could give the necessary support to new signing Philippe Coutinho as well as the likes of John McGinn, Emi Buendia and Jacob Ramsey. Marvelous Nakamba, arguably their best player in that position, is out for 10 weeks with injury....”

Yes arguably if you seemingly fail to notice Douglas Luiz also plays for Villa. Weird not to mention him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Best case scenario.

Villa bid. We turn it down, but the big boys come in (hopefully at the last minute) and someone like Utd, or even PSG win a bidding war. We wave Yves a sad farewell, but the club have made a stupendous profit

Caicedo (and next season the Polish lad) comes in and absolutely smashes it.

Villa fans are very upset

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Anyone that was at Everton and saw his body language at full time? I noticed it and it wasn’t the usual Biss dancing on the pitch etc.. he looked almost sad! Did he know that maybe his last performance for us?

I noted that at the time. Something wasn’t right with Biss but I’m not sure that it was the thought it was his last game. For what it’s worth I think he will be here til the summer. Best potential outcome for us as it gives us more time to see Mwepu, Moder, Caicedo and Kozlowski develop.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Best case scenario.

Villa bid. We turn it down, but the big boys come in (hopefully at the last minute) and someone like Utd, or even PSG win a bidding war. We wave Yves a sad farewell, but the club have made a stupendous profit

Caicedo (and next season the Polish lad) comes in and absolutely smashes it.

Villa fans are very upset

Can't imagine Caicedo smashing it just yet, but Moder, Mac, Alzate, the Llama - and soon hopefuly Mwepu again - should see us through. Oh, and Gross if needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here