Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky sports: Villa interested in Biss

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Gerrard has not proved himself anymore capable than most other PL managers. Rangers or Celtic winning the league in Scotland means feck all when compared to the PL. I am not swallowing Gerrard is special and on his way to Liverpool in a few years. Yes he has contacts from his time at Liverpool and was a fine player. He is certainly nowhere near as good as he is being touted imo, turning Villa around is no big deal and that has already stalled, they were underachieving under Smith given the money spent.

I will be genuinely shocked if Biss ends up there.

Now let’s see what happens tonight :smile:

Other opinions on how impressive Gerrard has been as a manager are available. :)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Other opinions on how impressive Gerrard has been as a manager are available. :)

If Gerrard and lampard are such great management material it makes their total inability to have ever sorted out how to play together all the more mystifying.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ve been sleeping on this one. If they are genuinely interested at 50million I’d bite their hands off. He will go somewhere, either now or the summer or for free next year. He’s too good not to.
£50mill is a HUGE amount for someone with such little contract left. And as much as he will be missed, and I do think he will go on to be one of the very best players in the World, £50mill is £50mill.
And let’s be honest, we don’t play too badly without him.

All of this.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Dont under estimate Villa. Decent manager starting to put together a decent squad. They could well be challengers if they sign the likes of Biss and more of the same

Their first team is outstanding when all fit. Add Biss and Digne to the mix and you have a top 6 first 13 or so players.
I don’t think he will go to Villa, but there’s no denying how formidable they could become.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd be very surprised if Bissouma moved to Villa not because of any rose(blue) tinted specs but because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to do it.

Undoubtedly he'll earn more but he'll undoubtedly earn more whichever club he moves to(or indeed if he stays with us). He'll be 26 in the summer so he's coming into his peak years making his next contract the big one for him. For that reason I don't expect him to sign an extension with us but likewise why would he sign away four or five years at Villa?

Bissouma is good enough to play in the champions league and has the potential to walk into any club in the world. Villa are a long way off being the best team he could play for. They might be on an upward trajectory but they're not a top four club, they're not even a top 6 club. Why waste four years on a team that might,but probably won't, get into the champions league as an also ran in a few seasons time when he can go to a genuine contender?

Of course, if Villa are the only option then it becomes a completely different proposition.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Indeed, shocking number of easy to please Liverpool sycophants, even this far south :wink:

I remember similar about Lampard when he first took over at Chelsea

I’ll wait and see how he does over a season in the PL before I fall at the Gerrard altar

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Indeed, shocking number of easy to please Liverpool sycophants, even this far south :wink:

I remember similar about Lamptey when he first took over at Chelsea

I’ll wait and see how he does over a season in the PL before I fall at the Gerrard altar

Old Tariq eh?

Agree about the nauseating 'Smug Gerrard' love-in though. Enough already.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'd be very surprised if Bissouma moved to Villa not because of any rose(blue) tinted specs but because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to do it.

Undoubtedly he'll earn more but he'll undoubtedly earn more whichever club he moves to(or indeed if he stays with us). He'll be 26 in the summer so he's coming into his peak years making his next contract the big one for him. For that reason I don't expect him to sign an extension with us but likewise why would he sign away four or five years at Villa?

Bissouma is good enough to play in the champions league and has the potential to walk into any club in the world. Villa are a long way off being the best team he could play for. They might be on an upward trajectory but they're not a top four club, they're not even a top 6 club. Why waste four years on a team that might,but probably won't, get into the champions league as an also ran in a few seasons time when he can go to a genuine contender?

Of course, if Villa are the only option then it becomes a completely different proposition.

I think this is all true. However it may be the case that someone at Villa can persuade him that they are going to take the next step in the near future.

To be honest the Coutinho signing (albeit a loan), the Bissouma signing itself and the possibility of Dinge all represent fair evidence that the club is moving forward.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
villa would no doubt pay same wages as a top 4 club, but I suspect an ambitious player would want both top 4 wages AND to play in Champions League

Man City would have won Champions League final with a decent holding midfield player

Their first team is outstanding when all fit. Add Biss and Digne to the mix and you have a top 6 first 13 or so players.
I don’t think he will go to Villa, but there’s no denying how formidable they could become.

It really is not outstanding. Bissouma to City is the one that has the greatest chance of happening because he is their Fernandinho replacement

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It really is not outstanding. Bissouma to City is the one that has the greatest chance of happening because he is their Fernandinho replacement

But is he a Pep player? Look at the trouble Grealish appears to be having settling into City - and knowing what we know about Bissouma professionalism at times off the pitch, would it be the right environment?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
But is he a Pep player? Look at the trouble Grealish appears to be having settling into City - and knowing what we know about Bissouma professionalism at times off the pitch, would it be the right environment?

In Fernandihno’s role yes. The off the pitch stuff talks to Corporate governance when committing huge resources both monetary and reputational when employing people. Manchester City will be aware of this more than most other football clubs.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I’m not sure I’ve ever read Biss being Fernandinho’s replacement. But if that’s the case so be it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Several reasons why Villa might appeal to him!

3). Impressive young manager going places (Rangers project completed [tick]; Villa project (trophy of some kind , entry into Europe) - give it two or three years [tick] - followed by move to Liverpool, taking Biss with him.

Hang on, that's a lot of predictions.

They should concentrate on looking behind them first in my opinion.

Seen it all before, they are far more likely to do the classic Villa/Everton/Leeds overreach and implode, than 'break' into the top 6. Gerrard is the new media darling and it's just a story with lots of fluff and little substance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Seen it all before, they are far more likely to do the classic Villa/Everton/Leeds overreach and implode, than 'break' into the top 6. Gerrard is the new media darling and it's just a story with lots of fluff and little substance.

You have to admit Digne & Couthihno is an impressive coup. They already have 'the answer to all our problems' Ings & Watkins up front. Sort out the defenders and on paper it is an impressive project underway

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You have to admit Digne & Couthihno is an impressive coup. They already have 'the answer to all our problems' Ings & Watkins up front. Sort out the defenders and on paper it is an impressive project underway

The weird thing is a Konza Hause CB partnership is excellent. Hause is even left footed I believe, but managers just love Mings.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Who said anythig about top 6? Just you - not me. You can win a trophy and gain access to a European competition (there is more than one) without 'breaking in to' the top 6.

.... and it's not a prediction, but a possible scenario which Biss might consider - and option 4 is still available if it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here