Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports News' fear of reality

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Put British football on the map? English clubs won the European Cup in eight of the 15 years before the establishment of the PL (and were banned for five(?) of them)

That was truly embarrassing

Yes If there is one flaw at all in the video, it is that Syed didn't pick her up on that cringeworthy comment.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What the British champion, double Olympian, world ranked 24th Matthew Syed ?
No he never mentioned why he was such a failure.

Blah! Never won European or world championship and hardly 'flair'. Still who am I to criticise as I lost the Eastbourne juniors final when I was 16 and have been bitter and twisted ever since;)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Smart guy that Matthew, I seriously hope he has some of the world's best protection as well as a smart brain!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Kirsty Gallacher: "Chelsea have put British football on the map." Sheesh, it's like Sir Alex Ferguson had never existed.

Makes me yearn for more broadsheet football coverage, imagine a world without Kirsty, Gabby, Jim White, Merse, Kammy et al where football stories on Sky were discussed by Martin Samuel, Gary Neville, Hoddle, Paddy Barclay, Marcotti and Guillem Balague instead.

There's already the Sunday Supplement once a week with sports news journalists, its a great program. Sport doesnt need to be so serious though, I need some lighted heart banter, sports suppose to be an outlet from a world of serious politics.

Dandyman

In London village.
Matthew Syed is articulate and generally a very incisive observer and not afraid of telling some uncomfortable home truths. Just goes to show how superficial Sky's so called 'elite' anchors and pundits are, completely out of their depth when it comes to challenging their tunnel vision of the Prem.

Chelsea is just a huge money laundering operation. Even makes Pompey's 'success at any cost' antics look feeble by comparison. I would be very uncomfortable if I were a Chelsea fan, but fortunately I have better taste.

The Qatar issue highlighted by Syed is very interesting and prompts more questions as to just how they managed to 'persuade' FIFA to give them a World Cup. I hope someone does a decent expose on that sometime soon, no doubt FIFA will stonewall but there is a real bad odour around that.

This in spades. Fair play to Syed as a Murdoch employee effectively exposing his boss as well as the Russian and Arab crooks.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In fairness to Kirsty Gallagher, she did her job superbly: to sit there and look pretty. Luv.

Thanks to OP for bringing to attention. Loads of people at work have enjoyed too. Superb viewing, a more one sided contest in football you won't see!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here