Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports - Dunk "Keeping Albion's Play Off Hopes Alive" What?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Out of interest how many championship shirts are on sale in Brighton's Sports Direct? I don't recall seeing any in my local one in Liverpool. There would be zero demand

There will be global demand for Barcelona or Bayern Munich but not Albion shirts.

They will sell most of their shirts in Brighton and the surrounding area so why give away most of the profit?

Again, I feel my point is being missed. My gripe is as much with the fact there is no club shop in town. I have friends visit the town who don't even know we HAVE a football club. That is a million miles from where we want to be, exposure wise.

At Sports Direct you can get all sorts of weird and wonderful club shirts, pretty sure you can get Dundee and Hibs shirts there.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Albion shirts are exclusively sold by the club, no other store can sell them. Part of the deal with Nike.

That's retarded.Selling as many shirts as poss is a way to gain fans.They could sell the shirts to sports shops at a discount because
overall they would more then get their money back and then some.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I've bought my 6 year old boy 3 shirts/kits.

Barca top when we went on a Nou Camp tour.
Brighton kit when we went to the Amex for the first time.
AC Milan kit when we did a game then tour at the San Siro.

They are all priceless to me and he will have them still when he's grown up.

As you can see I don't buy kits at sports shops.I only hope he doesn't start supporting Bejing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So how did we manage to stay in the league after 46 matches with the same number of points as Hereford and a worse goal difference?

Because we'd scored 3 more goals than them. That season (and that season only), it was goals scored NOT goal difference.

Thank christ for that Fans Utd 5-0 vs Hartlepool eh.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because we'd scored 3 more goals than them. That season (and that season only), it was goals scored NOT goal difference.

Thanks for that - though had later seen that explained further up this thread. I didn't remember that temporary rule change at all!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Duplicate post - don't know how! Sorry!

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Biggest club in Sussex, and don't you forget it!
Cant forget about it mate!! this is what football is all about , if ''we'' go up this season i'll appreciate it more than i have some of chelsea's wins.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
With all due respect, Brighton aren't a big club.

What defines a "Big Club"?

Fantastic stadium?
Average number of fans at matches?
Overall following?
Club infrastructure, i.e. Premier League ready academy & training facilities?
History?
Trophies?

We don't tick them all, but we are an emerging club, progressive and with ambition.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Again, I feel my point is being missed. My gripe is as much with the fact there is no club shop in town. I have friends visit the town who don't even know we HAVE a football club. That is a million miles from where we want to be, exposure wise.

Well if your friends don't even know we have a football club, then there's no hope for them really. Unlikely they would be buying any merchandise in any case.

But I agree totally with your point about having no club shop in town. It's a no-brainer. How many Saturday shoppers are going to trek out to Falmer to buy Albion merchandise, even if they knew there was a shop out there, halfway to Lewes? And the online shop will be selling mainly to the converted. I went to Munich last year. As well as the super swish club shop at the Allianz Arena (not too unlike the Amex club shop to be honest) , I came across half a dozen small and permanent club outlets in the city centre that sold everything from Bayern dog food bowls to Bayern-branded lederhosen. All of them seemed to be doing pretty brisk business.

For a club that appears to be pretty switched-on commercially in so many ways, it's a daft blind spot that needs addressing urgently. And I don't mean by some pop-up converted horse-box at the station. I mean a full-on replica of the Amex club shop, based in a prime location in Churchill Square. Then watch the Albion merchandise FLY off the shelves.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well if your friends don't even know we have a football club, then there's no hope for them really. Unlikely they would be buying any merchandise in any case.

But I agree totally with your point about having no club shop in town. It's a no-brainer. How many Saturday shoppers are going to trek out to Falmer to buy Albion merchandise, even if they knew there was a shop out there, halfway to Lewes? And the online shop will be selling mainly to the converted. I went to Munich last year. As well as the super swish club shop at the Allianz Arena (not too unlike the Amex club shop to be honest) , I came across half a dozen small and permanent club outlets in the city centre that sold everything from Bayern dog food bowls to Bayern-branded lederhosen. All of them seemed to be doing pretty brisk business.

For a club that appears to be pretty switched-on commercially in so many ways, it's a daft blind spot that needs addressing urgently. And I don't mean by some pop-up converted horse-box at the station. I mean a full-on replica of the Amex club shop, based in a prime location in Churchill Square. Then watch the Albion merchandise FLY off the shelves.

I agree. The club superstore does tremendous business on matchdays but it does seem short-sighted not to have a town centre presence. When the decision to close Queens Road was taken I'm sure the figures stacked up for that at the time. However should we go up I'd be stunned if we did not get a city centre merch and ticket outlet back up and running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here