Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sky protest - fan action (save £20 during world cup)

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
I'm going to cancel my sky sports subscription from mid Nov til boxing day - world cup games will be on terestrial tv
Seems a easy win for fans to make a small protest in the way we are treated for KO times days etc

if it could be co-ordinated on a large scale might make take notice.....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Er... I imagine Sky would assume folk cancelled because there are no PL games on - not because some of its subscriber base is protesting about something.

Anyway, most SS customers are locked into a contract.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
"I'm taking a chance to save £20 now but I'll come crawling back once PL is on again" isn't much of a protest.

Anyway, the best way to protest KO times etc. would be to not go to those games. Premier League is not the most popular league in the world due to its quality - the Serie A was stronger in the 90s, La Liga was stronger up until Covid - but because of the packaging, which involves the scenery of filled stands in modern stadiums. If less people turn up, the games will feel less entertaining and they'll have to do something.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"I'm taking a chance to save £20 now but I'll come crawling back once PL is on again" isn't much of a protest.

Anyway, the best way to protest KO times etc. would be to not go to those games. Premier League is not the most popular league in the world due to its quality - the Serie A was stronger in the 90s, La Liga was stronger up until Covid - but because of the packaging, which involves the scenery of filled stands in modern stadiums. If less people turn up, the games will feel less entertaining and they'll have to do something.
Yes, exactly. A point made by several on blogs and podcasts during Covid was how games with no fans just didn’t feel as good. Fans have power in boycott but choose not to use it.

I can’t imagine Sky will rush back to the Amex for an 8pm Boxing Day game again

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I can’t imagine Sky will rush back to the Amex for an 8pm Boxing Day game again
Problem is they will. Say it's Brighton v Spurs and both top 6 clubs. They'll have no worries putting it on at 8 pm. In the same way they'd do it if we were away. December / January games not released yet so stand by for a bin fest. What time will they put our NYE home game v Arsenal on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here