Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Plus for free

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
This story may save Sky + subscibers some money - I hope so anyway

I stopped my sky subscription 3 weeks ago. They have rang me twice asking me why I wanted to leave and offering me discounts - nothing new there. They rang for a 3rd time on Saturday and offered me a 3 month deal where I get Sky + for free and without a monthly fee which I beleive is £10.00. I get to keep the Sky + box after 3 months if I cancel my subscription again.

I thought this sounds too good to be true but the salesperson said all SKY + will be free from July anyway and they need to keep their valued customers.

They are fitting it on Sunday, if its a con I'll let you know.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
This is true, bizarrely (well to me) Sky seem to be coming off worse than Virgin in there little spit spat !!!

Nice on Richey boy :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Sky installs will no longer be free in Ireland at least, as of the same time - think its 45 euros for any install now.

Still get the sky installer crap posted to me, wasteful Mr Murdoch...

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Isn't it ridiculous though that as an existing sky plus customer without the option of the new sky anytime I called to ask for an upgraded box which would allow me to use this function and they basically said I had to pay the full whack for it yet they will give away a free box to someone who doesn't already have it.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Isn't it ridiculous though that as an existing sky plus customer without the option of the new sky anytime I called to ask for an upgraded box which would allow me to use this function and they basically said I had to pay the full whack for it yet they will give away a free box to someone who doesn't already have it.

Threaten to leave?

you get 4 weeks between leaving and them switching offf the signal, if they dont offer you a free upgrade within 4 weeks and you want to keep it all, ring them on day 28 and say you have decided to stay

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
QUOTE=Stinky Kat;2040589]No its all free, they must be desperate[/QUOTE]

cool I might try that then

:thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
isn't the subsription to sky+ now free anyway? Thought they dropped the £10 p/m charge.
Good work on the free installation tho

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I tried that a while ago and all they did was reduce my fee for our standard sky box....we'd love sky + so maybe I should try again...

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Sky+ additional charge has been dropped for about 3 years now. Plus, as my parent signed up so early for Sky+ they got something like 6 months 1/2price and a further 18 months at a fixed price by way of saying thank you. Doubt they'd do that now though for HD customers.

110%

Unregistered User
Apr 19, 2006
GOSBTS
It seems to be the luck of the draw at the moment.

I cancelled my Sky subscription yesterday. All they offered me was Sky+ for £49 (They have dropped the £10 p/m charge) and suggested various downgraded packages to save me money but no actual discounts.

I hoped that I might get Sky+ for free (I know some people who have been offered it) and perhaps 3 months discount on Sky Sports although I had heard that Sky had become less generous when people phone up to leave so I wasn't too surprised. However, lets see if I get any calls in the next 4 weeks.

Sky+ additional charge has been dropped for about 3 years now. Plus, as my parent signed up so early for Sky+ they got something like 6 months 1/2price and a further 18 months at a fixed price by way of saying thank you. Doubt they'd do that now though for HD customers.

It hasn't. I looked into getting Sky recently and there is still a £10 monthly sub fee for Sky+

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
It seems to be the luck of the draw at the moment.

I cancelled my Sky subscription yesterday. All they offered me was Sky+ for £49 (They have dropped the £10 p/m charge) and suggested various downgraded packages to save me money but no actual discounts.

I hoped that I might get Sky+ for free (I know some people who have been offered it) and perhaps 3 months discount on Sky Sports although I had heard that Sky had become less generous when people phone up to leave so I wasn't too surprised. However, lets see if I get any calls in the next 4 weeks.

my mum called this morning saying she wanted to cancel, she was offered the £49 deal for sky+ with a month free (she has the full package so it works out more or less as a free upgrade)

she was also offered free sports and movies for 6months

Installation is tuesday!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

looks like you may get it soon

http://anytime.sky.com/faqs/faqs_ontv.aspx#faqsection2_1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here