Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky/Phone Line Fee O/T

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's out there now. See Gigaclear, Hyperoptic, CityFibre projects. Also a lot of regional rural projects are doing it themselves seeing as BT have forgotten about them.

sorry, i meant FTTH as a universal service, rolled out nationally to cover nearly the whole population. small footprint operations will be out there, the same as cable, in town centers and major estates. i don't see it ever coming to my low density rural town, or my parents house in a village (even being only 100m from the exchange), but we can live in hope. and frankly its not necessary, FTTC does the job for 95% of the population, much more important to focus on that having the highest possible coverage, and addressing those remote villages with no ADSL currently.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Over and above the issue of broadband. Sky uses the phone line to control it's "interactive services", so without a landline your 'Sky+' becomes old-fashioned 'Sky'.

Not exactly , Sky+ allows you to record programmes "over the air", a plain vanilla Sky digibox doesn't have that facility. Connecting a Sky+ HD box to the phone line gives the additional services such as On Demand and interactive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here