Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky News and Kay Burley - unbelievable!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't know sky news but is she the fool who looked ridiculous interviewing that labour mp a while back?

This is the same woman who, while reporting live on location in Wales where the town was looking for a young missing child, told volunteers the "breaking news" that the missing person hunt had just become a murder hunt.

Still, she was only telling the news, right?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Unless my ears deceived me she was briefly interviewing a guy from Thailand in the London crowd. After asking where he was from Kay then said "I bet you won't see a fireworks display like this in China!".

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Unless my ears deceived me she was briefly interviewing a guy from Thailand in the London crowd. After asking where he was from Kay then said "I bet you won't see a fireworks display like this in China!".

[emoji23] you just got to love her

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There she is, down by the Thames surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of people all gurning at the camera, and she comes out with the bombshell - "Breaking news! Reports just in from Munich that their security services have received information about an imminent attack."

Is that responsible journalism? Complete lack of judgement and sensitivity from Burley once again, further proof she's the worst journalist ever in TV history.

An evening of watching FOX news will change your opinion on this very swiftly

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Just like a BBC reporter the other day at the floods in York. Interviewing 2 men whose restaurant had been flooded and was Still waist deep in water 'Will you be opening today?' Their faces were a picture. How they never called her a **** is beyond me .Incredible.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Dont see what the problem was. It was a story about Munich not London and came after much earlier reports of scaling back celebrations elsewhere because of potential terrorist activity. Also it had been reported tjat more armed police would be on London streets in case of any terrorist activity.

If it was reported from the studio would any friends or family have then called pepple by the Thames anyway.

There was no reaction from anyone near Kate to her statement. No panic or fleeing so it just seems to me that you are reading something into this that just isnt there.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Stephen Dixon is the best.
Kay thinks she is the best but if she was that good the BBC would have signed her up as they do all the other top news readers.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Not sure what the issue is here. Did telling people by the Thames (and viewers across the UK!) some news about a possible terrorist attack hundreds of miles away cause mass panic? Oddly enough, no. There are plenty of reasons to slag off Kay Burley, but this isn't one of them IMO.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dont see what the problem was. It was a story about Munich not London and came after much earlier reports of scaling back celebrations elsewhere because of potential terrorist activity. Also it had been reported tjat more armed police would be on London streets in case of any terrorist activity.

If it was reported from the studio would any friends or family have then called pepple by the Thames anyway.

There was no reaction from anyone near Kate to her statement. No panic or fleeing so it just seems to me that you are reading something into this that just isnt there.

Not sure what the issue is here. Did telling people by the Thames (and viewers across the UK!) some news about a possible terrorist attack hundreds of miles away cause mass panic? Oddly enough, no. There are plenty of reasons to slag off Kay Burley, but this isn't one of them IMO.

Careful, some on here will start calling you a "moron" for expressing views like that :rolleyes:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Kay Burley is terrible, but in this case the decision would have been taken back at the studio to have her report on Munich from the crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here