Sky+ HD for less than half price

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I posted this on the bargains board, but considering the potential saving and the fact it is slightly football related I figured it was worthy of re-posting here. I signed up with an identical offer before Xmas which was supposed to be open to friends and family of Sky employees.

Sky are offering a free HD+ box, free installation, 1/2 price TV package and free HD subscription (usually £10 per month) for 12 months. That means you can get the full Sky World pack (Movies & Sport) in HD for £24.50 a month for a year. The standard price is £59 per month!

It only applies to new customers.

Regsiter your details on the site below to receieve the code, which you then enter on the Sky order page.
Supertelly - Super Colour | Super Sound | Super Channels | Super Sky+ - Sky

'
More details can be found on the following site:
Free sky+HD box, free standard set-up, free HD pack and half price sky TV for a year (new customers) - HotUKDeals Forum

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I think Sky is absolutely pony. But how does that price compare to the non HD price?. I don't pay the bills but if it's anywhere near cheaper/the same could be tempted.

I'd bin Sky off and just go Freeview if it weren't for the internet. (if only I could get Virgin)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Rather than opening a new thread, if you add Premium channels as an existing customer you could keep them for a month then immediately cancel on the 1st day of the second month if you just wanted it for a one off event.

Now from April you have to give 31 days notice which they won't accept until you have had the package for one whole month. So in effect you have to subscribe for a minimum 2 months to Premium channels. Rip off bastards :angry:

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Sky. F--king useless. I went over to Virgin. Getting more and more hd + the broadband is super fast + free ESPN HD Prem football.

Wouldnt go back to Sky if it was free for a year :thumbsup:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I think Sky is absolutely pony. But how does that price compare to the non HD price?. I don't pay the bills but if it's anywhere near cheaper/the same could be tempted.

I'd bin Sky off and just go Freeview if it weren't for the internet. (if only I could get Virgin)

I've got virgin media and am considering changing to sky with this offer. Not had Sky before - why so anti them?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Sky. F--king useless. I went over to Virgin. Getting more and more hd + the broadband is super fast + free ESPN HD Prem football.

Wouldnt go back to Sky if it was free for a year :thumbsup:

Too right. It's not even the price, the actual product is useless, unsure it's even better than freeview.. I don't even get sky sports news without paying ffs. How they've got such a loyal fanbase i'll never know, yes they've changed prem football as we know it but thats it.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I've got virgin media and am considering changing to sky with this offer. Not had Sky before - why so anti them?

do not change, you will be disappointed. Virgin catch up or whatever it's called is incredible and barely exists on sky.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I admit that the catchup service on Virgin is better than Sky's as it is able to use the internet connection to stream pretty much whatever you choose. Sky's system downloads a limited amount of programs in the background from which you can choose from.

Also the internet speed it is able to offer is unmatched anywhere else.

However in defense of Sky:

I have always found the Virgin box very slow, channel hopping is a slow cumbersome chore.

Sky currently has 37 HD channels plus you can manually tune in ITV HD, so 38. My brief research shows that Virgin Media has 7. I'm sure Virgin will be start to add more and will catch up but right now Sky has 31 channels more available in HD.

From what I can see, Virgin is a pretty expensive option if you go for the full HD TV package and much cheaper phone/internet packages are available from other providers (although probably not as fast).

Mr deedz: The cost of the complete non-HD Sky package is £49 per month. HD is £10 per month on top of this. However this offer removes the £10 charge and halves the £49 (you can also get cheaper packages at half price). Therefore there is no benefit in not going for the HD package.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports