Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Go?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So someone with Sky TV on their tellybox could use it to share access to Sky Sports with someone at a completely different address with an iPad?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
So someone with Sky TV on their tellybox could use it to share access to Sky Sports with someone at a completely different address with an iPad?

Yeah but think you can only have it on two PC's and one Iphone/Ipad and you can't have it running on two different devices at the same time I think.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Mmm..dunno. Maybe.

I've got Sky Go on my laptop but I had to register it (easy enough mind, once you've put in your Sky username and password). I guess in theory you could give your SKy login details to someone else and they could then ponce it off you ?

I'm LOVING Sky Go btw. Took my laptop out in the back garden last week, stuck it under the parasol and watched the West Brom v Manure game outside with a couple of cold ones. Works a treat.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
any lag or stops and starts on the ipad, or perfectly fine, its it all good quality?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Works absolutely fine on my laptop. Any lags will be dictated by the speed of your internet connection, as long as your wi-fi signal and broadband speed is up to scratch its perfect.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Works absolutely fine on my laptop. Any lags will be dictated by the speed of your internet connection, as long as your wi-fi and broadband speed is up to scratch its perfect.

Anybody know how it is with 3G?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Doubt its much kop on 3G.
And it'll EAT your internet allowance.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
any 3G Sky Go users care to give feedback?

Been watching the cricket on my iPhone all week, picture quality is amazing and very little lag. Issue was only when watching sitting in the car as the signal strength obviously varies depending on your location. Excellent if you can find somewhere stationary with good signal. Oh and make sure you have unlimited internet allowance.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Been watching the cricket on my iPhone all week, picture quality is amazing and very little lag. Issue was only when watching sitting in the car as the signal strength obviously varies depending on your location. Excellent if you can find somewhere stationary with good signal. Oh and make sure you have unlimited internet allowance.

Cheers, looking to get an iPad, but cant find a 3G deal with unlimited, just keep looking really.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I thought it doesn't work on 3G ipad but it does on the IPhone.

I got it and I think it's great especially when visiting the in laws around final score time ssn. They also complain that they get A bigger Internet bill too. So two birds one stone.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
any 3G Sky Go users care to give feedback?
I have skygo on my Iphone it uses 3g or wi-fi. It runs smoothly.
The screen is quite small but the picture is excellent.
It is good for multi tasking, if (when the albion aren't playing of course :albion2:) and there are two games or whatever on tv that you would like to watch, you can.
On skygo you get skysports1,2,3,4,ssn,espn, 3 skymovie channels and skynews.
It doesn't cost extra but you must have a subscription including ss1 and 2.

Technology these days is like The Albion, 'f***ing brilliant'.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It is good you can watch it on any number of devices but can only have two others on the go at any one time. You have to delete a device from your account to then use another one, it registers a device when you log in on it.

There is a 20 second delay from sky real time which of course is a second or two delay from real real time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here