[Football] Sky coverage.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Is it f

Is it f*ck.

One is a mawdling random 60s relic used by other clubs, whilst the other is a stirring, evocative WW1 marching song which is uniquely linked to the folk of Sussex who proudly watch their football club.

Not many clubs have an age-old anthem that relates directly to their team. You could cherish it, not slag it

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What always surprises me is that the hardened, passionate northerners chose a song from a bloody Rodgers and Hammerstein musical (sung by an operatic soprano no less). The musical does contain wife-beating so I suppose there is that.

Whereas our soft southern ponce song is about brave soldiers dying for their beautiful county homeland.

Weird.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Amazon Prime was the absolute best football coverage I’ve ever seen, and they’ve gone and bloody lost the rights for next season.

Sky is unbearable to me at this stage. BBC much better but not a patch on Prime’s coverage.
My missus is a huge tennis fan and she says Amazon prime was the best tennis
coverage ever . Sky tennis not a patch on it

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Please somebody answer my question before I self combust.

Why is it when GOSBTS is played when the Albion are on Sky, the ignoramus pundits blabber over it.
Yet for the Dippers v Spuds game today, not a sound of any sort when You'll Never Walk Alone is played🤔

Because GOSBTS is played when the players are walking out.

YNWA is played before kick off and stops playing as the game kicks off, with the fans continuing to sing without the music.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
This is what I hate about NSC, argumentative twats that are only on here to argue with people. Yes, you dullard, my remote does have a mute button, but I don’t want to watch in silence. f*** off!
Unnecessarily aggressive

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Yeah, as long as all the armchairs are catered for I guess. That's what Sky so rightly focus on.

Are you trying to suggest that a 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein showtune compares with a March that was used to send the young local boys off to the hell of the first world war trenches.

Really ???
No, he’s not comparing where the songs originated from. I think he’s comparing a few thousand Brighton fans mumbling through GOSBTS, checking the lyrics on a screen vs 50 odd thousand blaring out YNWA. (Like I said earlier, I despise all things Scouse, but to compare these 2 football anthems is quite frankly, ridiculous)

It’s a world famous anthem isn’t it that is bigger than football, sung by many of those outside football, so no need for angst. When Lana del Ray covers GOSBTS we may be in with a shout 😀

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
In short, our fans don't all know the words and lack the ability to sing in time. So it sounds shite - not much point showing it.

A great anthem ruined by the way it gets sung at The Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports